Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013

nub theory??

Is it just me or does anyone else not seem able to grasp the concept of the nub theory? I had my dating scan yesterday I was 11+3  but I can't see a 'nub' so I got my sons first scan pic out which was 15weeks and I can't see anything on his either. Maybe I'm just being blind... xx

Replies

• No I dont think I can see anything either. Apparently the sex organs look very similar until about 15 16 weeks anyway but I did read yesterday about the angle of the nub being higher for a boy. Ive also though heard this week of 2 girls whove just had babies, one was told she was having a boy and found out it was a girl at a 36 weeks growth scan and one was told she was having a girl and gave birth to a boy and was completely in shock for a very long time afterwards! I will still want to find out what im having though!

Lovely pic :0)

x

• I've read that too. We're unsure about if we want to find out or not but I wanted to play anyway lol. Oh no, I'd hate to be told what I was having and then it turn out they were wrong! Thank you we were very pleased with the pic as I'm not even at the 12week mark yet I didn't expect to see so much, especially didn't expect to see fingers! Xx

• I remember them showing us between my sons legs at the 20 week scan and I couldn't even work that out!  I have seen loads of 12 week scan photos and never seen anything that resembles a nub, that section always seems a blur compared to the head and arms in the top part.  I get the theory I'm just yet to see it!    I know most hospitals don't like to tell you at 20 weeks anymore and only if you ask because they can never be 100% sure either way.   The lady at my sons scan said he was really obvious and she wished they were all that easy to tell.   I hope they get another clear look this 20 week scan as we will definatlely be finding out.