Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013

What preparations are you excited about?

I can't wait to do the nursery!  20 weeks feels so long away but I'm desperate to organise and decorate!  I just can't wait to know if it willl be girl or boy themed!

Our sons bedroom is very plain as I did him a beautiful nursery but we moved a year ago and I haven't done anything with his new room its just plain magnolia.  I'm going to get him a big boys bed and move his cot into the spare room for the new nursery so at that point I'm thinking of getting him some of those big stick on wall murials but not sure how I will ever choose a character for him!  If I ask him it will probably be peppa pig and winnie the pooh lol but I'd like something to last him a bit longer!   I think I will sort this out after the 12 week scan and then that should keep me going until we find out the sex of this little bean.

Out spare room is currently the laundry room and has a sofa bed in and then the hub for all our internet boxes etc.  So we will have some work to do reorganising to make it a nursery.

I don't really have any baby shopping to do as such because I've kept everything from our son.  I know family will buy all the clothes we will need if we have a girl this time.  So really focusing on the nursery decorating is all I have to do for preparing.

What about everyone else? 

Replies

• We have also kept most things from our son but we did sell our iCandy Peach travel system and maxi cosi cabrio. So I'm looking forward to pram shopping again! 

We are also moving our son into the spare room but keeping the nursery as is, so I'm looking forward to making our sons room into how he would like it. 

x

• I am SO looking forward to finding out the sex! For me this is where it all starts bonding wise as once I know what colour i'm having I will be able to start calling my baby by his or her name and it was a huge turning point for me with our son.

We have all of my little boy's stuff so not really too much to buy other that get his big boy room ready and if this baby is a little girl re-decorate the nursery xx

• I'm looking forward to getting out and washing all the neutral newborn stuff I had with DS. Some of it was hardly worn and lots was bought for us so I will have forgotten alot of it!

SB x

• Ooh yes, that too!x