Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Telling family and friends

Tomorrow is the big day for us! Got an absolutely packed day of going round to all the family members to tell them the good news then we're having a big party with our friends to celebrate. 

Our friends think they're coming over to celebrate that my partner and I have been together for six years and our family think that we're getting together as an early birthday celebration for me.  I'm so nervous and excited!!

Have you other mums-to-be told your families and friends yet?  If so, how did it go?  Did you do anything exciting to tell people? 

Replies

• Iv just told everyone and they're all really happy. Wasn't nervous like I was with our 1st. Having a surprise 30th party for my oh tomoz so its a good excuse to get together and celebrate. They wud know as soon as they saw me drinking non alcoholic drinks anyway lol.

Good luck! X

• Ah, how lovely!

We told our family day of bfp so times like ages ago now! Have a fab weekend xx

• You must be very excited right now. Hope you have a really lovely party today.

Our family knew the day we got our bfp too. Friends guessed as time went on. In our first three months we had a wedding, two hen weekends and 2 30th birthdays. All of which I was driving, which never normally happens so it was clearly obvious. 

x

• Luckily for me, I don't drink anyway so for the last three months people haven't thought anything of me not having a drink at partys and get togethers lol. 

The day went really well.  Everyone is so excited for us (mostly my mum!).  Now to figure out how to tell work on Monday then word will officially be out image.

• Wow we told our immediate family straight away and I had to tell my bosses as I'm limited now to what I can do. 2 of my colleagues guessed last week (I'm 6 weeks today). Hopefully no-one ese will notice as the rest of our work staff are all blokes. 

• Telling friends and family went really well.  Everyone is so excited for us and our friends are already talking about throwing us a shower! lol.