Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in July 2013

Second Trimester Here We Come! :)

Hi all,

as we are now further along in our pregnancies i thought it would be a great idea to combine the threads as they confuse me haha and have one main place where we can all chat about everything and anything image

i hope you all had great Christmas's and hope each and every one of you have the best new year ever! i know we all have a lot to look forward to this year.....so exciting...eeeeek!

i think im going crazy but im feeling little stomach flutters quite low down in my abdomen and wonder if its baby......ive googled and apparently its not uncommon to feel "quickening" begin from 11-14 weeks!......im hoping its baby, either that or bad case of gas! haha!

have my 12 week scan on the 4th and so looking forward to it....albeit a little nervous as i just want to hear that everything is OK!

as for symptoms, my morning sickness seems to be calming down.....although yesterday was quite bad image and boobs are not half as sore now.....only in the mornings!

im definately starting to show already......my nipples have not got darker yet though? ive not had any cravings, but ive still gone off a lot of food......especially meat....errrr! the only thing i fancy is prawns but im not sure i should have a lot of seafood!

interested to hear how everyone else is doing?

xxx

Replies

• Hi

I've my scan on 3rd and so can't wait to see my babies on the screen and know that they're both ok. I've been poorly with a chest and throat infection for the last 10 days or so and have ended up on antibiotics image

My symptoms are about the same really, lots of dry heaving and a little sickness but it's not been too bad. The worst has to be the tiredness, I just have no energy which isn't great when you have an energetic toddler to entertain!

I'm really looking forward to the 2nd trimester and for the glowing stage to begin

Xxx
  • hi girls,

not been on in ages - such a busy time of the year!!

well i think im in the 2nd trimester now - one of my pregnancy apps says its this week and the other says its next week but i am 13wks today!! Very excited! image

we are very lucky as we have had 3 scans so far and everything has been great. on the last scan the baby was doing handstands and was having a wee party to themselves even the sonographer thought it was funny. We have told everyone and everyone is so pleased for us. I will put up the scan pics tomorrow.

We have started to have a wee nosey in the shops but especially as i had never been in mama's and papa's and wanted to just have a wee look. the only problem is we have seen things that we have fallen in love with eg a furniture range which is 50% off but feel like its still too early to buy big things... but we also know that we couldn't afford to pay full price for it!!!

Hubby made me cry on Christmas morning... first of all he wrapped up a present which was fleecy pj's and on the tag it said to keep us both warm this winter love from baby xx well that nearly had me going but the last present was also from baby but it was a babygro which said cute like mummy on it!! i burst into tears and he asked me if it was happy or sad tearsimage

Hope everyone else has had a nice Christmas and i'm sure were all looking forward to a very exciting year ahead

• Good idea Maria image 

I am feeling okay, had headaches this week which haven't been very pleasant but I have read they are quite common in pregnancy. Had my bp checked at work anyway and that was fine! My anxiety is the worst thing at the moment really I am just so worried something will go wrong because of last time. I know my scan wont give me much peace of mind so we have decided that if all is well we will book a private scan at 16 weeks, find out the sex early and put our minds at ease. We wont be telling anyone until 16weeks. My 12 week scan is 8th Jan, by my lmp I'll be around 13wks then!

I haven't had much sickness of late but did have the horrid dry heaving on christmas morning, felt like it went on for aaages lol! I am still needing to wee loads! Most nights I have to get up and go now! Boobs aren't as sore but at night time when I roll over they can be really painful still..

Anyway enough rambling from me! I am looking forward to putting 2012 behind me and hopefully 2013 is our year image x x

• Hi ladies,

So glad that we are all near our second trimester and that everyone is doing well. I've had my 12 week scan, and everything was fine baby had strong heartbeat. I've had morning sickness anytime of the day, and my boobs are sore and my nipples are huge. I did have a panic though on Monday early morning when I went to toilet there was quite a bit if blood so I rushed down to a&e they booked me in to the epau- all I was thinking was please not again. But went for a scan on Thursday day after Boxing Day and baby was fine, jumping around like mad and strong heartbeat. They said they don't know what it was, it could be low placenta but wouldn't know til 20 week scan.

Hope everyone has a great new year x
  • hi ladie's

i'm 12+3 today. had my 12 week scan on 17 december and baby was relaxing with its arms over its head and kicking it's legs about.  morning sickness has come back worse but i only gag not actually being sick.  the thing i do most at the moment is cry, i cry at everything and anything lol.  find out what we having on 1 march image 

• Hi all!

Great idea Maria,

I've been suffering headaches too all week, had an awful migrane a few days ago with blurred vision - had to lie down in the dark for most of the day, but am hoping those symptoms will go soon as am 12 + 3 today! Have 12 wk scan on wednesday, so nervous again! image

Have you heard about kim kardashian... Another due in july lady, between her and kanye thats going to be one pampered baby! Lol x
  • morning ladies,

glad were all doing well image

im sorry to hear that mylittleangel08 but im glad that baby was OK which is the main thing image

scan on Friday sooooo cant wait! ive had a couple of very sharp pains in my uterus yesterday which paniced me so cant wait to hear all is OK! - please let us know how your scan goes HL2010! image il post my piccy on here which will be fun!

MrsAlexander - thats so so lovely what your hubby did! image and im in the same nursery furniture situation as you! if all goes well for me at my scan on Friday im going to buy mine image i think its nice to have a bit of positive thinking! plus 12 weeks is a huge milestone!

my main concern at the moment is that i have a huge belly all of a sudden! i wanted to wait til about 16-20weeks to tell my work, but i dont think im going to get away with that somehow! is everyone else showing like mad too?xxx

• Mylittleangel that must have been a horrible scare for you x But so glad that all is okay with little bub!!! x

HL2010- Glad it's not just me with the headaches! They are horrid aren't they. I got some of those cool n soothe patches to pop on if I get a really bad one again x Just read about Kim Kardashian, July is obviously the month to have a baby haha image

Ladies looking at buying bits (nursery furniture etc) I would just go for it, Maria is right 12 weeks is a big milestone, I wish I could be more positive and start buying as it is such a great feeling. More importantly while things are on sale you will save a fortune!!! I have quite a lot of stuff already in our spare cupboard from last time. So will start buying later for that reason as well. x

Maria- I have started to show too, I didn't think I was but mum and hubby disagree! I am a size 8-10 usually so it looks more pronounced! Although I know it is mainly bloat not baby.. Have managed to cover it quite well though so think I will be able to hide it a while longer!

Hope everyone has a nice evening tonight, I will be having a nice meal in with hubby then chilling on the sofa with a bottle of schloer haha! Happy New Year Ladies image

• Well we're having to get the nursery ready a lot earlier than planned as there is no way my DD is going to fit her christmas presents in her little room! So my hubby is having to sacrifice his music studio earlier than anticipated and we are all changing rooms tomorrow! I won't be doing anything to the nursery yet but DD will be getting some new furniture for her new room so it will be very strange having the nursery there empty and waiting already! Glad I not superstitious! I think in a way it will be good to have some of the changes come now so that the new arrival doesn't cause quite so much upheaval for DD in July! She will be 2 in Feb and knows mummy's got a baby in her tummy, so she keeps putting her dolls under her jumper - so cute! I feel awful saying it but in a way I feel a little sad that it won't just be the three of us anymore. And I feel really sad that DD won't even remember a time when it was just the 3 of us. We are having a takeaway with friends who are also expecting in July so will be a fairly chilled but nice evening tonight, not sure we'll see midnight! Haha! Happy New Year everybody-x-

• Hi, just had my scan this morning the baby was kicking around like mad and they turned the heartbeat monitor on for us which was lovely. They put my date forward two days so am exactly 13 weeks. image

I'm a little confused as to when the 2nd trimester starts my pregnancy books say different things anyone know? Xx
  • My midwife said the 13th week is the last week of the first trimester image most people think 12 but medically at work our chart says the same as my midwife. Brilliant news about your scan! X

I had a follow up appointment at obstetrics today my bloods are all normal but my blood sugar was a bit high (was taken back in November on the day I found out I was pregnant (coincidence)) anyway I have to have it taken again tomorrow it fasting.. Bit nervous but hopefully it's ok now! I've had bloods done since then when I was in hospital sand I'm pretty sure glucose was included then and nothing was said.. Fingers crossed could do without the stress!

Hope everyone is keeping well x
  • hi ladies,

hope all is well with you all image

i had my 12 week scan today and it was amazing! baby was kicking around so much and literally wouldnt keep still! me and hubby were laughing our heads off! everything seems to be OK and baby is developing nicely! and im only a day behind where i thought i was after all which is great news!

hope everyones OK! nothing to report here much.....bit of nausea and sore boobs....theyve gone all veiny too (sorry TMI).  only thing i wish would stop is these horrible menstrual like dull cramps.....they arent crippling or anything but they are here quite frequently in the background and i just wish they would go away!....anybody else getting these too? please dont say im the only one! lol xxx

• I'm getting them Maria! Every day this week was wondering of it was normal at this stage so so glad you posted that! Also good to know that your scan showed you only a day behind because if I remember correctly they put u a week ish behind at early scan like they did me? Would be nice if I do match up to 13 weeks when I have mine on Tuesday! Anyway brilliant news that all is well and a good scan! Have you started telling people the good news? X
  • Great news Maria, can't wait for our scan Monday.

I've been getting twinges quite regularly, was worried but a friend told me that its just everything expanding inside and making way for the ever growing baby. It has made me feel a little better, but will be more relaxed after Monday.

xx

• I have been having sharp twinges but no cramps anymore... Other than being hideously ill with the flu I have no real symptoms anymore! Congratulations to all those who have now had their 12 week scans, and good luck to everyone who's is coming up! Next stop is 20 week scans woop!

This weekend (if I'm up to it) we are taking the Xmas tree and decorations down which means I will be having a big spring clean and start clearing out the spare room ready for baby!! Can't wait to start getting things sorted. Xxx
  • mrs willoughby me too with sharp pains! ive been told its "round ligament pain" i guess i shouldnt worry about the cramps as theyre no where near as bad as they were in the beginning......theyre just dull crampy type feelings in the background.....more annoying than anything to be honest! but its not ALL the time so i guess i should quit moaning!

a spring clean sounds great......very theraputic! i may clear our room out too for the baby as that sounds like fun image ......makes every little thing you do all the more real image xxx

• Mine is like a dull stretchy feeling.. Is anyone still feeling quite icky? My gag reflex is still verrrrry sensitive! Especially in the mornings..

I have my scan tomorrow feel massively nervous about it! Praying everything is ok so keep your fingers crossed for me ladies could do with your positive thinking again image

• Hope all goes well today with your scan mrsash x
  • Thanks littleangel all went well! Baby is a real kicker! Kept turning its back on us too little monkey.. Feeling very relieved. They have put me at 13 weeks tomorrow! EDD 17th July x

How is everyone? X
  • hi all,

mrsash thats great news image im so glad all was well! its lovely to see it kicking around in there isnt it, it makes it feel so much more real.......i think we can all relax a bit now image hehe!

im OK just gassy! the cramps have started to wear off for the first time in weeks so im starting to feel more and more comfortable image im starting to have more energy too! which is great as they say you start to feel fantastic in the second trimester image

xxx