Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in July 2013

20 week scans

Hi all! Just thought we could start a thread with our 20 week scan dates now we are getting them! Also how many of you will be finding out the sex?

Ours is on 19th February when I will be 20+1... Doesn't seem long at all til then and we will be halfway - woop!!

We will be finding out if we can (it's our first and we don't mind which but are impatient to know!!) but baby was so active on the scan at 12 weeks we only just got a good measurement for it, not sure if it will play ball to find out what it is!

xx

Replies

• Hi i have my scan date feb 27th, will be exactly 21 weeks. Im looking forward to finding out the sex if the little one co-operates! I think it'll be nice to say him/her instead of it and buy a few gender specific pieces. Though im not going to buy too much as my cousin was told she was having a girl and it was a boy! He had a lot of pink! Hehe

Feels so real and exciting now talking bout 20wk scan!image
  • hi, we have ours on 1 march, so will be about 21 weeks.  think we will be finding out if baby co-oparates image

• 12 week is on Monday so will hopefully get my date then for the 20week one. On a good note I've made our appointment for the 16 week checkup with the wf today. 6th Feb. Does anyone know if you only get the results of the blood tests then or if anything is a miss will they contact you sooner?
  • We have our's on the 21st of Feb. We will find out, i'm far too impatient and I think it will be good for DD to know so we can talk about it. It really doesnt seem like that long away! Can't believe half way is in sight! You generally dont hear back about blood results if everythings ok, they'll put them in your notes at the next appointment. If they've got any concerns they will call you and prob ask for a wee sample. -x-
  • Thanks Katie that's good to know! X
  • Aw I've not got a date for my 20wk scan, got my 12wk scan on 14th January.... Thank goodness as I'm finding it difficult to keep my secret lol xx
  • hey ladies! awww Bry youl get yours when you go for your 12 week scan! i had mine today and after they made me an appointment for my 20 week scan image mine too is the same as Steph's on the 1st of March which is nice as its just before my birthday!

we will definately find out the sex if little one cooperates! ours too was an active little one today image

you know, its funny....i always said before i was pregnant that i wouldnt want to know the sex and now that i am i know i cant help myself but to want to find out! its all i think about lol! im convinced bubbs is a girl whereas hubbys convinces bubbs is a boy! one of us is obviously going to be wrong!

HL2010 - i agree! half way mark is just around the corner....for those of you having your scans in feb the half way point is "next month" eeeek thats crazy!

i have my names picked out already for boy and girl hehe image so exciting!

anybody been watching one born every minute? cant believe its on again i love it! im like aaaah i cant watch this, but then i cant resist! at the end i have to have a word with myself mind you as i start freaking out about the labor lol!

we are so blessed image xxx

• Aw I know, I'm just the next week away till my 12wk scan image can't wait to see little bean and if s/he is OK.

Think we are staying team yellow again, although hubby has said its up to me since he decided last time lol xx
  • I'm loving one born! Though it makes me nervous on what to expect! image

We told most of our friends and family we're expecting now, which has been lovely. Good timing too as my tum has been looking very swollen these past few days! Anyone else starting to show?

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans in the ASOS sale this week, the material was a bit thinner than I'd liked but they were dirt cheap and oh so comfy!!! x

• We've not got our date yet as I'm consultant led so have got to wait for it to come through the post :/ we're going to be finding out what we're having so that we can prepare, especially with there being 2!!

I love one born, not watched the last episode yet but have recorded it

I've been in my maternity jeans and few weeks now as I couldn't fasten my regular ones!

Xx
  • Just had our 12 week scan this morning and all was looking amazing!!! Can't believe how much it has grown in the last three weeks! Before it was looking so little in there, with plenty of room to wiggle around in, now it was looking decidely more cosy. It was behaving very well for us to check out all its little arms and legs and could even count all the fingers on one hand image. After a quick empty of the bladder so baby would change position they checked the nuchal thickness and all looks good, just have to wait for the results of the blood tests now. Speaking of which, the lady used me as a horrid pin cushion! She tried unsuccessfully for three times to get the blood sample before giving up and finally going to get someone else to have a go. She fortunatly managed it first time.

So were both now grinning from ear to ear, very happy p2b image

Oh yes our official due date is the 18th July and our 20 week scan is on the 26th Feb

XXX

• Hi ladies

Had my 12 week scan yesterday was lovely! Baby kept turning and chilling on its side with its back to us.. Very cute and made us laugh image

My 20 week scan is 28th feb! Due on 17th July...

We have a private scan booked for just after 16wks on 3rd feb and have decided go find out the sex then if baby plays ball!

Hopefully time flies for us all now! Xx
  • Aw congrats on the exciting scans you two!!

Just wondered if any of you have bought anything yet?? I'm really tempted but have been trying to keep my temptations at bay by just looking online and researching what we might like. Can't wait to get out in the shops with hubby though! He's desperate to start buying bits too image Going to try and hold off til scan on 19th feb but may have to buy a couple of little bits at 16 weeks... xx

• We're off on holiday, so that's going to keep us out of the shops for a couple of weeks at least. Think then were going to go looking and researching though when we get back. Hubbie works at sea and he goes back to work on the 13th Feb and won't be home till mid June. It's going to be hard as he wants to be there when we purchase all the big stuff, so were either going to have to shop loads before then or make the decisions of what we'll be getting and then me slowly pick up then up over the next four months?
  • Blimey, june is quite late though! If I were you I would be tempted to go out and get stuff while he's still here... set up the nursery etc. Depends on whether you have help to pick everything up though. If you've got people to help you then it isn't so bad I guess. xx

• I have quite a lot of little bits from my first pregnancy (unfortunately had a missed mc) things like steriliser, moses basket, baby towels, blankets... And a few gifts people had got us.. I did order a monitor in the sale I have to admit- it was the angel care one with sensor mat down from ??99 to ??49! I will hold off now until 20 weeks though unless its a bargain I can't leave like the monitor! Bigger stuff we will definitely leave until later!

For those who are buying now Tesco have a baby event on at the moment and have some bargain sterilisers, breast pumps etc Definitely worth a look image xx
  • Hello, just joining this group just now. 

We have our 20 week scan on the 28th February image Going to try and not find out whether we're having a boy or girl, wanting the surprise image

• Hi all!

Seems to have gone sooo quiet on these boards, anyone still lurking?

I had my 20 week scan this week, baby is doing very well and its a girl!!!

Lovely surprise, was so sure i was team blue! How you all getting on? X
  • Hi HL2010,

I still occaisonally lurk on here but mainly on FB group as it is easier on my phone!

Congratulations on the girl! My 20 week scan is next week but had a private scan and also found out we are expecting a girl image

So far ALL of the girls on the facebook group that have found out so far are having girls! I think there is 8 so far!x

• I still check in here. My scan is on Thursday, tho I'll actuallybe 22+1 by then. We're staying team yellow. Congrats on your girlie.