Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in July 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Names, have you decided yet?

We have decided if we have a boy it will be named James. Can't decide on a girls name, I like Summer, Cassie or Madison. When I have told people my choices, friends have made negitive comments which has put me off. Have you decided on names or been put off a name by friends or family's opinions?

Replies

• I'm not expecting yet but from being a teacher lots of names put me off! Madison is lovely but I had 3 in my class last year. And cassie and summer lovely too! Don't be put off by negativity it's your choice. We always liked Isla but a friend has called her little girl Isla x
  • I never tell anyone my chosen names, as you can guarantee SOMEONE will hate them, (and it stops some people copying). When I was pregnant with my daughter I originally decided to call her natalya, which my dad LOVED, later though I changed my mind and called her Brooke. He got used to it and loves it now.! Lol. I agree that madison is lovely though! image  x x

• i am 31 weeks pregnant and for the last 3 months me and my partner have been back and forth on different names for both sexs. we now have 3 girls names and 2 boys names but still considering others. we have come to the conclusion that when baby arrives and we hold him/her in our arms will will know instantly weather its the set names we have or one that we have 'discussed'

we have agreed it must be a name that we find unusual or not of someone we know. however i have a small problem like smileyone that i work in a childcare setting. we to have also kept our names secret to stop copy cats or negative oppinions.

i like your choices cassie and maddison image i do like summer but i do know a summer lol image xx

• we've got so[phie louise for  girl and oliver william george for a boy.  find out on 1 march and we might end up changing our minds yet, got another 21 weeks to go image

• Thanks for your replies, decided im going to keep my name choices to myself from now on, as everyone has an opinion and its not always positive! I also find out what I'm having on the 1st march, I can't wait!
  • I come from a massive family where your expected to use the family names which are nice enough bt im going different ways n like others keeping it to myself x
  • i really like all those names, I like Roman for a boy and Avery although that ones being used more and more as a girls name. I really like Isla, Penelope (after my aunt) and Piper as girls names, but so many people have opinions, my MIL said why dont you pick something traditional? lol. xx

• Hi, my partner is adament were having a girl after our last scan at 14 weeks everyone said it's a girl now he's convinced, i'm still to be convinced not sure how you can tell from just  how it's lying!! my partner really likes the name Lucrezia, i like it but unsure if i could name her that if it was a girl, what are your thoughts on the name Lucrezia or is it to strange??

• We're really struggling for boys names. Last time we had one name of each sex we agreed on all the way through. At a bit of a loss if we have another boy.
  • with my first i had his name picked out weeks after i found out the sex and it stuck and suited him (Reece William) but we are really struggling this time for a girls name, we have her middle names (Elizabeth Rose) but really struggling to agree on a first name, names I was in love with a few weeks ago like Erin I've now gone off and OH wasnt that keen in the first place lol never thought it'd be so hard to pick a name!! image

• We've picked names, but haven't told anyone. You're right, everyone has an opinion on every single name. Just think it's easier to announce the baby as their name!

We've slightly compromised by telling people the middle names we've picked...!