Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Nov 2013

Cravings?

Hi ladies hope everyone is well and looking forward to upcoming scans. Anyone got any cravings yet? I'm still really nauseous and bouncing between really fresh salads and fruits to then wanting salty crisps. I go from feeling sick to feeling ravenous in minutes but if i don't eat quick in sick. Really put off by meat... I went vegetarian when pregnant with my son and although i still cant eat meat i could handle touching and cooking it, but now even the smell of it cooking turns my stomach! just wondered what you're loving and loathing?

Replies

• I've not really noticed much yet. And because of this I worry that something's wrong. I've been sick a few times, and its just when I start getting paranoid its over I'm sick. Was sick Wednesday then yesterday. If I don't eat straight away after getting up or if I don't sleep well can guarantee I'm sick. With Riley I was very sick so it's very different this time. Could drink tea last time or the smell of fresh tiger bread I couldn't bare in the house but I've not felt that like this time (yet). I'm 9 +5/6 now so hopefully the next few week will go quickly and can see a healthy baby on the scan xx
  • Hi ladies! I'm pretty much the same.. My other half cooked scrambled egg earlier and I screamed at him to open all the windows! The smell had me retching repeatedly! I've been sick everyday now since week 6 (am 11w now) and can only eat dairy lea triangle sandwiches and salty crisps! Apples seems to go down ok too. Overall not very healthy but anything else has my head down the toilet so I guess better than nothing! I am a tea addict but since week 6 not a drop has passed my lips.. Why is that? Why do we all go off tea? I'm really off meat too - I tried to make sausages for my 3 year olds tea and had to dash to toilet to be sick to which my 3 year old said 'don't you like sausages anymore mummy?!' With my first i ate jars of sardine paste (gross). I really hope this passes for us all soon and we can actually enjoy eating again!! Xxxxx
  • Yeah im off coffee too image need a few rich teas before i move in the morning! I seem to have a good day then an awful day. Probably because i over do it when i do feel okay! Xx
  • No cravings for me yet but I've got some food aversions!! Mainly tea, diet coke, chocolate (boo hoo!) and mayo!

Last time I craved ice - in any form!
  • I go fron cravings sweet things to citrus!! Weird I eat apples they help with the sicky feeling!! Xx
  • im 10+3 today and my eating has been all over the place. ive gone completely off tea like so many others and other foods i crave one day and then feel sick at the thought of two days later. one day all i wanted was tuc crackers then 2 days later the thought of them turned my stomach. i find liquids harder than food and cant stand water. apple juice seems to be ok but im still not drinking a lot. overall my nausea seems to be on the mend. today was ok although fri and sat were really bad.