Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Snacks/Meals

Dont you just hate it when you have done a big food shop and the next day you fancy food but you dont want anything you got! that always happens to me lol,

Basically I dont have morning sickness (yet) but im preparing, iv been thinking of simple basic foods that i can snack on and also simple meals and wondered if you all wanted to share?

Snack ideas i have is, carrots, pitta bread, humous, raisins, crackers, cuppa soups (instead of tea and coffee), carrott cake for a treat. I do alot of homemade soups too, mainly green vegetable soups.

Share some ideas ladies as i want to be as healthy as possible and keep up with food intake (as my weight is below average) 

Replies

• I've found salty foods like pretzels helpful. Carrot sticks and humous are a big favourite but you said those already.

Yesterday when I didn't feel like anything in the cupboard I went and got a quick dinner from the local shop, like you say, you can't really know in advance what it is you'll be able to stomach!

When pg with dd it was all about pancakes for me. For some reason that was all I could really stomach.

I'm 6 weeks now and feeling quite nauseous, vomiting started yesterday, morning sickness with dd started properly at about 8 weeks and I am DREADING it so any food ideas are helpful!

xxx