Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just cant drink anything...

Grrrr this is really starting to get to me now, I just have zero desire to drink anything. I know I am not taking on eneough liquid at all, but the logical part of brain can not seem to overide the physical....

I am being very sick, but still seem to be eating quite a bit (all absoloute rubbish mind, and I am really choosey with what I can face) .... but I am finding drinking so so hard.

I usually drink loads (am a bit of an orange squash) but I am lucky if I can force myself through 250ml of water in an entire day at the moment. It makes me feel so sick whilst I actually drink it. I have tried little sips/ice cold but feel like it is my enemy.

Anyone else struggling with this? I am feeling so down and fed up with this sickness etc!!

xxxx

Replies

• Options

I went through a stage of not wanting to drink last week, I was taking bottles of water to work and struggling to have them but I took orange and mango squash and flavoured water yesterday and got through maybe 2 and a half litres.I'm not being sick though, just a bit nauseous. I strangely found fizzy water better to drink than just plain or cold water as it didn't make me feel as sick. Could you try ginger and lemon tea? I saw lemon squash recommended as easy to stomach as it's not too sweet, I'm getting some in our food shop tomorrow! If you are being sick lots and not able to drink it may be worth calling your mw hun.

xx

• Options

Ah thanks MrsM87....

I will probably sound totally defeatest now, but I definately could not go near a hot drink... I have tried a bit of lemon squash (and a few other flavours) .... and many other drinks I think on a whim will solve, but dont.

I can handle sucking the juice out of an orange so am doing that a bit, and am having the odd ice lolly too.

Have got my bookin next week so will mention it then...

I think what is getting me down most is knowing this is not like normal me, gosh, I just want to feel like me again!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

• Options
    I was gonna say try getting liquids from other sources too. If u can manage other fruits grapes apples etc they would be good and also salad is mainly water x
  • Options
    Ice lollies was about the only liquid I could stomach during the early days of my last pregnancy, this time round I seem to be constantly thirsty! Funny how different pregnancies can be image