Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cravings anyone.......?

Hi ladies, hope we are all well, nausea has kicked in for me today :-\ lucky me. I had really funny cravings with my son, the craving changed to something new every trimester. it started with cheese and marmite on toast, to smoked cheese and icecream, and then apples in the last trimester (id consume around 10 a day).

Cravings havent been so strong for this pregnancy but i have to say cheesy doritos seems to be the thing for me at the moment image Anyone else got cravings yet?

Also alot of you have mentioned your constipated, iv had the opposite effect im going around 4 times a day, and if it helps only thing iv done different since pregnant is drink a glass or orange juice a day, so might be worth a try?

Also will anyone be purchasing a doppler for when your 12 weeks (i no its early) i never did with my son but im tempted this time round.

Replies

• Options
    Hi dani, image I've Ben feeling sick on and off and vey bloated, I to drink fresh orange juice every day and seems to help me too, I'm liking fresh pineapple,mango and hot juice drinks at the moment I've gone off apples image xxxx I've an early scan in just over 2 weeks time xx il be 8weeks then think I've told you that already haha not sure xxxx
  • Options
    I had a few cravings in my last pregnancy.In the first trimester I ate lots of boiled sweets and chuppa chup lollies but I did that as, same as now, felt nauseous constantly unless I was eating, so helped a little. Sticking to sugar free gum this time, lol. second trimester was banana milkshake and burgers of any kind, greasy spoons/vans, macdonalds, pubs etc and third trimester was chocolate cereal and ice. There's no wonder I put on three stone with my cravings alone! I haven't had any urges as of yet but I'm more going off stuff this time round and a lot of foods and smells are making my nausea worse. I'm hoping for a healthy craving this time as I can't afford to put on too much weight xx
  • Options
    Bless you KRF the thing is Hun when you get the need you gotta have it haha image xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies image

My big craving so far has been pepperoni pizza, along side ready salted hula hoops and satsumas. I'm a little bit worried about gaining too much weight but I'm finding I can't face certain things like apples. Don't think I've stopped eating for a week. I skipped lunch yesterday and really felt it, I was so nauseous and cranky by 3. I won't be doing that again!

Xx
  • Options
    Don't worry to much Hun I'm eating loads too, I feel nausea starting mid afternoon and eating makes me feel better as it makes is not so bad, we have to listen to our body's xxx;) xxx
  • Options
    Whatever's in the cupboard! I can't stop eating this time round! image
  • Options
    Least it's not just me then! I know it's not loads but I seem to have gained 3lbs since I got my bfp! I may stop weighing myself lol I just didn't want to get a shock at the midwife on Monday!

Xx
  • Options
    I may have spoken too soon, tummy a bit unsettled this morning image
  • Options

bles you hun, so it mine Lee1980. im still eating loads but im now at the point of being fussy with what else to eat for breakfast every morning, as if baby has there way it would be doritos all day every day lol

• Options
    Lol Dani, I think maybe I was just hungry! I'm dreading feeling as I'll as I did last time, hope your tummy settles for you as well image x
  • Options
    That should say ill not I'll!
  • Options
    Lee I seem to only feel a little ick when I'm starving! Think it's why I'm stuffing my face!

xx
  • Options

I seem to feel sick unless I'm eating at the moment, too. I am not enjoying the first trimester very much at all!

• Options
    Yeah I'm definitely noticing I start to feel sick if I haven't eaten for a while, hubby just back from tesco's with lots of food, yum!
  • Options
    I'm the same! image x
  • Options
    I've just stuck homemade pizzas in the oven, nom! Was a tad disappointed to discover there was no pepperoni in the meat selection we bought but ho hum. I did put some veggies on it so there is some goodness!

xx