Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who has had their booking appt?

Who has had their booking in appt with the mw?

I have mine on Monday and was just wondering what to expect really. We were given somme forms to fill in if we wanted to but it says they can do them all there. I know they take your history etc but is there anything I need to know that I might not or anything I should be aware of?

xx

Replies

• nothing i can think of hun, its mainly about your history and also filling in forms for your maternity exsemption certificate, they also weigh you and test you urine. i havnt got my app yet, i have the doctor on tuesday then I can book the midwife,im quite excited now image x

• Thanks hun. Probably should stop having as much sweet stuff as I seemed to have loads yesterday and I don't want it all showing up lol. My doctor was so lovely when we saw her as she knows all about our fertility troubles. I'm stupidly excited about everything, I know I maybe should be being a wee bit more cautious but I can't help it! Good luck at the docs image

xx

• thats y im seeing my doctor so late, she has been my doc and been there through my fertility problems with my son (pcos) then the birth of him, then i went into depression and dramatic weight loss, so shes been there through thick and thin, and was the one who removed my coil on the 18th on Jan and here i am now, 6 weeks tomorrow, such a shock to get pregnant in the first month image

• She is going to be so shocked/pleased for you! You have to let us know how it goes   xx
  • will do image im nervous as iv had to previous mcs before my son so i have to make sure im as safe and healthy as i can be in this pregnancy as my weight is still far below average, but to be honest i think im going to be huge by 12 weeksimage cant wait to see everyones bumps image im off to take my son swimming now speak later all image 

• I also had blood tests done at mine so if you're squeamish be prepared they might want those. They want a urine test with my mw every time they see you.

Other than that it was just a lot of form filling in and the chance to ask a lot of questions. I got my maternity exemption form to fill in and the number to call to get my 12 week scan booked.

It was largely a welfare thing, to make sure there's no concerns or relevant medical history. Don't know if they're done in a standard way nationally x

• It must vary depending on where u live/ your midwife as mind was mainly going through forms info only thing she did medical wise was blood pressure check. Having said that they come to your house for booking in appointment here. Other thing to be aware of is they may ask u if your planning on having tests for does syndrome x
  • Thanks ladies. If she does bloods I need to ask her to check my immunity to toxoplasmosis as I have 2 cats and one is very in your face all the time! I know our scan letters are sent through the post so I'm hoping it won't take too long to arrive. I need a date to count down too!

Xx
  • Hey ya, not sure what will happen but the receptionist told me to leave an hour free in my diary for the app time!? why so long lol

Manda

• Manda the appt is so long as you have lots of history forms to do and they might do some checks. My GP said it'd be about an hour and a half but I'm prepared for it to take slightly longer.

xx
  • blimey. its a good job me and hubby have the day off! lol its the day after his birthday so we'll be all excited hehe x

• I haven't been to see the doctor yet, must get round to ringing! 

• Im seeing my doctor tomorrow, shes going to be well shocked to see me, she only removed my coil on jan the 18th and here I am now 6 weeks pregnant. I love my doc as shes been through the birth of my son with me and depression and other things so i know she will be thrilled for me x

• I think it took about 1 hour and 20 in the end which included bloods. We came away with 2 packs of stuff, one of them had a few nice freebies in which is fab. Got my blue notes, it all feels very real now!

xx
  • I'm in Scotland and my appointment lasted about 40 mins. Basically filling in forms, height, weight and blood test. She also refers me for my scan. Got a free book and some vitamins. Wasn't half as exciting as I had hoped!!!!