Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Announcing....?

Hi ladies hope your all well. just wanted toknow has anyone told friends and family yet? or are you waiting till after the scan?  how do you plan to tell them. All our family lives in cardiff so we are waiting till the 12 week scan then we have got our son a im going to be a big brother tshirt. we are going ot get a photo of him in it, then a copy of the scan pic, we are then making cards with guess what on the front then the two photos inside image

Replies

• Our parents knows but were waiting until scan before say to anyone else, mainly because of  mc in december, i didnt want to much fuss round us.. Thing is Im actually showing slightly already as its my 3rd and expecting straight after mc aswell, so we see how long we can get away without having to tell, I would like to wait until scan just as i would feel more content myself I think image

• im showing really early too. this is my 4th pregnancy but hopefully my 2nd full term pregnancy. im only 6 weeks today but really do have a bump, we are luky we have no family near by to see me which is a slight relief but my worry is work. Im only in work every Sunday but its a struggle to fit in to my clothes and i dont know how im going to hide my stomach today in work, particularly after lunchimage

• We had an early scan and told my side of family just before/after. We see them regularly so thought it would becomes obvious due to feeling rough. Also few people at work know due to having time off for scan and few friends but still relatively secret until 12 week scan x
  • We have told my mum and dad and their partners, my in laws, my sister and bil family wise. Friends wise my line manager at work knows as a friend so she can look out for me and hubs told his friends who have just had a baby lol. We don't want anyone else knowing and it's so hard not to tell people as I'm too excited still lol. I really hope our 12 week scan comes round quickly! I have to say I can see the changes in my body but I doubt anyone else would notice yet!

xx
  • We've told our close family and a couple of close friends, won't tell ds and dd or anyone else until after 12 week scan x
  • We havent told anyone yet.... am bursting at the seams!!!

my brother has recently had a baby so my family are all wrapped up in my nephew which is cool which will make it easier to hold off telling them. We dont see my lot too often so that will also make it easier. On the other hand, the inlaws we see atleast once a week and only having found out a week ago we have seen them 3 times and its been so difficult so were gonna tell my MIL on mothers day in her card! at the same time my two SIL's will find out as one of them will be living with us so we wont be able to hide it lol

Manda x

• Still only me & hubs know our secret!

Im not in any hurry to spill as love it just us knowing. Its 3rd pg so I feel HUGE!! Plan to take dd & ds (10 & 8) to scan to see there lil sibling. Hard trying to cover why not drinking and feeling rubbish. We're usually sooo sociable its difficult.

If my belly/bump gets more rounded I'm gonna write " due out in October" on it and thats how I'll tell peps.

XxX
  • thats really cool Totallyconfused image I took my little sister to my 20 weeks scan with my son she loved it (she was only 13) and she is coming down in april for a week when im 12 weeks so she will be the first to know as we arent going to say anything just going to take her to the scan image 

• That's nice. You ladies r going well I found it really made me on edge when no one else knew although would of prob waited longer if it wasn't for the worry over possible ectopic x
  • I am 9 weeks 5 days and because have been ill kind of had to tell everyone this week which wasn't what I wanted but unfortunately it was pretty obvious!!!