Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013

General Discussion

Replies

• Morning ladies, im feeling ok, symptoms are all still mild but my boobs have def grown a cup size or two image Had a really bad nights sleep though. iv been suffering with pregnancy insomnia the past week, and my son did his 2nd night of no dummy last night which im very proud of him, only problem is he woke with a nightmare at 2, and didnt settle down till half4, so im absolutly dead on my feet today, and I have a cake to do for a customer. going to take it easy tomorrow i think x

• I'm good thank you, tired after rushing around yesterday but all I have to do today is hang up lots of wet washing and tidy up. Lots of recorded tv to catch up on so I'll watch some of that. Thinking I might slow cook a roast for dinner to try and get some goodness - I was told yesterday that my iron levels are borderline so lots of iron rich and vit c foods for me.

Jazzy hope you get on ok at the pool. Too hot makes my head spin at the moment! Swimming is definitely something I want to take bambino to as I loved it when I was younger.

Dani 2 cup sizes?? I'm lucky if mine have grown half a cup size! Oh well, there is still time. Bless your wee boy, well done him on night 2 of no dummy though. You deffo need to take it easy tomorrow as it sounds like you'll have a busy day.

Xx
  • Hi ladies, how are you all today? I had such an awful nights sleep and I havnt stopped today, had to do a cake for someone and had a friend over for the kids to have a play date, im going to spend the whole day in bed tomorrow and relax as i think im over doing it. heres the cake i made today image

• Wow I'm not surprised you're tired, that cake must've taken you forever! Well done though it's fab image

Xx
  • Omg ladies, just had an urge to make me and my son pancakes and it wouldnt go away so im now sat here munching on pancakes with my son lol x

• Mmmmm pancakes .....
  • Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been really busy : ( my midwife called today and I have my first appointment on Wednesday. She is coming out to my house which is nice! Although I was in a different region when I had my son and that wasn't so accommodating!! I'm really looking forward to mothers tomorrow with little man and bump! Have you all had a good weekend so far? Xxx
  • Hello ladies!

Hope everyone is having a lovely mother's day! How are you all?

Dani and Jazzy ick to pancakes! They were one of my first proper food aversions and the thought makes my stomach flip lol. Hope you enjoyed image

Natty I hope your experience this time is much more pleasurable. I think the right midwife probably makes all the difference. Mine is very reassuring.

I'm sat at work trying to avoid falling asleep in my break, I wouldn't mind but the chairs are so blimming uncomfy!

xx
  • Hey MrsM had a lovely mothers day but tiredness got the better of me while I was out having food, so think I killed the atmosphere a bit : ( how was yours?what time you at work till? Did your midwife visit you at home? Xxx
  • Mothers day a bit of a non event for me, but on request, have asked that we save it for when I feel vaugely human again. xx Feeling super rubbish today and the thought of a busy day working tomorrow is crushing me!

Oooh, tell you what though, my nails are super long and strong, usually have awful nails,, as soon as I do feel better am treating myself to a lovely manicure to make the most of them! Anyone else managed to discover a good side effect?

Xxxxx
  • Evening ladies, well some of my secret is out. went to work today and one the girls i work with saw me and said when you due, was a bit shocked she noticed so quick so had to undo my jacket so you didnt notice as much, god help me im sure it wont be long till my manager finds out.

Well iv been very sicky today, only thing that helps is eating. iv noticed iv gone off sweet foods and junky foods lately and am craving healthier heartier foods. my fiance asked me what i wanted for tea i said a lamb roast rather than a curry, and the other day i choose having salmon and mash than a chinese. 

only good side effect for me so far is my boobs image i had no boobs b4 after loosing so much weight but i am now back to a healthy B and soon to be c image

• Natty I was at work until 10! I'm not a mummy yet so didn't do anything, hopefully hubs will remember to do something next year! I saw my midwife at the place where she holds her clinic, it's round the corner from our doctors.

Jazzy yay to nice nails! Mine are usually lovely and strong but seem to have gone really brittle this week and all snapped. I was dreading today but I had water next to me constantly and ate when I felt so it wasn't too bad. Knackered now and so glad I'm off tomorrow!

Dani is the girl who outed you good at secrets? I very nearly told 2 people today, it's getting so hard not to! Will your manager not be happy for you? My immeadiate line manager knows but I know my supervisor (our boss) will not be happy but that's his problem!

Well done you for healthy cravings. I started off having to have pepperoni and salami pizza but now I really want a burger followed by something sweet. Satsumas just aren't cutting it any more!

Hmmmm good side effect.... My skin was looking lovely but I've become a walking spot this week! I *think* my boobs are slightly fuller but I've certainly not gone up a size, fc it happens soon!

Just all round happiness probably tbh, I mean I'm hormonal but I'm still just delighted we have finally made mini M. I thought we would be saving to self fund IVF not saving towards nursery/pram/clothes etc. It's amazing! image

Xx
  • MrsM+MiniM yes she will keep quiet for me, im sure if she guessed tho my manager will have an incling too. 

Well sickness I think has begun, either I have bad morning sickness or it was something I ate last night that hasnt agreed with me. i can hardly eat anything without it making my stomach flip. for dinner today im sat here with a bowl of plain pasta as that is about all i can stomach, that and toast. I just hope it eases off as i feel rubbish and dont want to be feeling like this all the time as i am booking my driving lessons today as want to be driving before baby arrives :-\

• Do you think you'll tell your manager soon then. I'm trying to hold off until after our scan.

I have found the bit of sickness I have had is worse when I'm tired so maybe you have over done it over the weekend? Good luck with your driving lessons.

I was soooo hoping my scan letter would arrive today but nope. I just want it so I can get it off work without it being last minute and people asking why!

xx
  • I am a little tierd, got terrible insomnia, im still not sure whats causing the sickness if it is morning sickness or just my dinner from last night. im hoping it doesnt last long.

lesson booking is a nightmare, they offer so many disscounts but there after you pay like £30 a lesson, i aint got that sort of money to waste image (even tho other half is paying image

I might have to tell my manager but i will hold it off as long as i can, but if i get morning sickness fully i will have no choice x

• Afternoon ladies, oh my days do I feel awful, sickness has hit me big time, makes me cry when i have another 5 weeks of it to go. iv hardly been able to get out of bed, every little smell makes me heave, I cant eat nothing that has any strong flavour, so at the moment im living of, potatoes, pasta (plain), sponge fingers (these seem to take the edge of the sickness better) digestive biscuits, cuppa soups and anything else plain enough it wont come back up. makes me wonder if im expecting a girl this time round, as this pregnancy is completly different to my sons x

• Hi guys I've not been on here for abit, aw my goodness my nausea is getting so bad! I'm so tired and had a headache for over a week I'm going to the doctors today see if he can help any? I got sent home from work this morning as I looked so terrible and felt that way too, luckly my work know I'm a nurse and had IVF/ICSI so had to say from the start really they are being god so far but think the doctor may sign me off for a week, at the end of the day the babe/babies come first we need to listen to our bodies.

On the good side my boobs are two sizes bigger I'm loving the fuller look image

I hope your all well ladies and I truly know how you are feeling xxxx
  • We are nearly on the home straight though right when it comes to the sickness  !??!! Or am I trying to convince myself..? I am 10 and 5 today, means if my sickness lasts the same as before ( week 14) I am over the middle hump .........

Ha ha, I must sound like a right miserable old bat, I dont think I have posted one cheery post yet. Cant wait to feel human and give you ladies some positive vibes.

MrsM you got the scan date yet??

Dani, do you know when yours is?

xxxxx

• I havnt got a scan date yet, have the midwife on the 4th (ages away image ) im keeping an eye on my sickness, as my first two pregnancies I had severe morning sickness and with the 2nd it just stopped one day at 8 weeks. i then miscarried on the day before my 12 week scan. 

i been getting some bad cramps today and havnt been ables to eat hardly anything, for dinner its just a jacket potato with butter as thats all i can manage. anyone got any good tips that work for them let me know, iv tried most of mine and they arent working image

• I've tried ginger biscuits, ginger and lemon tea, plain crackers, little snacks but mine just is not working image xx