Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

General Discussion

Replies

• the only thing iv eaten all day that hasnt made me queasy, I might have to stock upimage 

• I must say frozen treats are going down well for me too... cant do full on ice cream, but ice lollys are good, and I am demolishing Twister ice lollies (dont feel too guilty each as only 85 clas each) .... oh gosh, I need one now and dont have any in, and am home alone with bubbs in bed, aaarrggghhhh!

xxx

• Well back from doctors signed off for a week with nausea and vomiting and severe viral pharyngitis ( ulcers and blisters down my throat, headaches and hot) aw dear image x
  • Aww bless I know that feeling hun, my fiance is away in frankfurt over night and i need bread for my toast in the mrning and i need sponge fingers as they seem to be helping my sickness too x

• Guys I'm giving the sponge fingers a try!! image xxx
  • Oooo I right fancy ice cream after reading this!

How are you all feeling now ladies?

I have to say lime and lemon juice have been my life savers on sicky days, especially with ice cold water. Bananas are meant to have an anti sickness quality if you can force one down. I'll see if I can think of anything else image

Dani I hope you're doing ok. Try to remember that cramps are normal lovely. I had loads!

Jazzy Twister's sound like heaven! Hope you got some more.

Joanne hope you are getting plenty of rest and the sponge fingers are helping.

I got my scan letter this morning, so excited! It's for when I'm exactly 12 weeks. After worrying all my symptoms had gone I felt so rough this morning. Glad I have a day off tomorrow!

xx
  • Thanks hun, not been as ill today but still cant stomach much food, but oh my days, sponge fingers really work a treat, been asda just now and picked up 4 packs, there like 78p for a pack, id advise anyone to give them a try image

• I think for me salt and vinegar pringles are working a treat. Or ready salted hula hoops!

Glad you've had a better day, I'm kind of alright now but I'm being relaxed about it (today anyway!) as they do say things should calm down towards 12 weeks and I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. Which also reminds me, tummy pic time tomorrow!

xx
  • Ice lollies have been my big help as well and dry cereal and toast seem to work. Haven't felt quite as sick this week which is amazing as was do bad the last 2 weeks I was signed off work. 10.5 weeks now so hoping its easing off.
  • Afternoon ladies, how are you all? im usuallly on here all the time but iv been horrendous with nausea the past few days all iv wanted to do is lie in bed, but with a 2n half year old thats impossible, hes been climbing over me when i lie down which isnt any good. sponge fingers have def taken the edge off the sickness, and iv bought some twinings ginger tea which actually as foul as it tastes has settled my stomach slightly. im just praying i can find a decent enuff cure before sunday otherwise im screwed (excuse french) at work. I also have my first driving lesson Saturday but it isnt till 12:10 so i should be stable enough with food by then hopefully. 

been finding having a nap in the day is doing me the world of good (thats if my son lets me) 

dont know what to do for tea tonight, iv been living off pasta (plain) and jacket potatos (plain) the past few days, I just cant stomach the sight and smell of anything else right now.

on a positive note. boobs are nice and big and full (yay) and my stomach has doubled in size, i will try get a photo later for you all, there no hiding this bump no more :-\

photo doesnt really do justice but i feel huge. my partner was away over night and said when he got back like my stomach has doubled in size. really dont think there will be any hiding of this bump on sunday :-\

• Napping during the day is definitely the way forward, although work seems to get in the way!

Dani wow, what a bump already!

Anyy bump I have is food I think although I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scales this morning as I feel huge but don't seem to have gained any more since my initial 3lbs, I thought it was going to say at least another 3! I am going to try do a piccy after dinner to show you guys although if there's nothing there I may not post!

xx
  • Nice little bump there dani I'm sorry you have not been very good neither have I you are 1 day in front of me image 7+3, tried your sponge fingers idea and not to bad thanks, I've been drinking the lemon and ginger tea too for over a week but now think I may be going off it lol, I'm making carrot and butternut squash soup as my nausea is not as bad today, xx
  • I'm having bad headaches on and off does anyone know if it's safe to use one of those 4head sticks? X
  • I'm not sure Hun I've been having headaches too but had paracetamol when needed x
  • Yeah me too just thought the stick might help as well x
  • 4head is fine ladies, I have used it in all my pregnancys and it def takes the edge of a headache, if you suffer very badly,, ask your dr for codydramol, its the only thing that would touch my migranes that was safe to take in pregnancy. xx

• Evening Laides how are you all? had a long day at work but was able to hide my bump with a nice chunky wrap cardigan today image although sickness wasnt good had to run to the bathroom two times. im 8 weeks today and I feel like its going so slow, I just want to be in the 2nd trimester so I can relax and start to feel lil babys movements. i felt my son at 14 week i was quite early, hope this one is early too image what has everyone done this weekend? 

• Hi guys well we had our 8 week scan today hard to see all my uturis but we did see a healthy little baby with a strong heart beat there we are so happy image it's been a tress full journey but well worth it xxx
  • Hi everyone,

Dani glad you managed to keep your bump hidden! Fingers crossed they didn't notice your bathroom trips. I agree that it's dragging now. Ever since I hit 10 weeks it's going painfully slowly, think it's because I'm counting down to my scan.

Joanne yay for seeing a heartbeat, it's a wonderful moment! So pleased for you lovely image

Sorry I've not been on much, have been busy with work/couldn't bare to look at my phone/laptop yesterday. I'm getting really anxious about the scan, think it's because it seems so far away!

Has anyone started having vivid dreams? I know it's something that can happen in pregnancy but I keep having awful dreams and they're making me wake up, last night in a cold sweat and panicking slightly. Urgh, hope they disappear tonight. My only other nice new symptom is feeling like I have been kicked between the legs!!!! Ouch!!

xx