Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Oct 2013

Awake and exhausted!

Argh!!!! I am so flipping tired and I just can't sleep! Been pretty much awake since 1:58! I genuinely didn't think sleepless nights were a problem until the third trimester. Hope everyone is having a better night than me! Xx

Replies

• You poor thing : ( sleepless nights really are awful. I used to get out of bed read a book and when I felt tired again get back in, which would be within an hour??? Hope you manage ok through today x
  • I was the same last night must have woke up at least 6 times and ended up taking day off work as just feel so rough. Is anyone else concerned about the amount of time they might end up taking off? I have had 2 days already and only 8 weeks pregnant. Luckily will be off from 28 weeks as that coincides with start of school holidays and I work in a primary school x
  • Thats handy for you kitty, I havnt had any time off with the pregnancy yet but as i only work one day a week and before having the coil out i came off anti ds which caused severe withdrawel symptoms and i was severly sick for 2 weeks and i had a letter of concern as my attendance is below 8% for the year. 

So i cant afford any time off with the pregnancy, unless i can make it up by working the following saturday x

• Finally fell asleep at about quarter past 6 and got 2 more hours, just glad I have this week off. I thought if you were off sick and it was down to pregnancy they can't count it towards your usual attendence record? Not sure mind!

I'm pretty jealous of that Kitty - I was hoping to take 5 and a half weeks vac at 33 weeks and have mat leave from 38 and a half but my dad doesn't think they'll let me. Thing is I'll need to take it all before I go off so I don't lose it!

xx
  • I've been on leave due to bereavement MrsM87, so I'm back from Thursday. I'm dreading it due to sickness and sleep deprivation but I'm used to no sleep as my 4 year old is a bad sleeper anyway. (always has been) Try not to worry too much about time off, I'm a HR Manager and sometimes I think its good to see staff come into work and get sent home rather than not turning in at all. But this depends on how understanding your manager is??
  • My immediate line manager is understanding but it's her senior that's got to look at sickness records and he's not. I'm not too worried to be honest, I'm off this week anyway so fingers crossed I'm feeling better next week!

Xx
  • Yes I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too xx
  • Hope it's not too bad when you go back on Thursday. I wouldn't have lasted today, had to have a nap and have barely been able to eat. I know Mini M is worth it though image

Xx
  • Thanks MrsM : ) knowing what we get at the end makes it all worth while. Fingers crossed you get a good sleep tonight xxx
  • Im having sleep problems too hun, had severe insomnia in my last PG, sending big hugs its so tough image

• Thanks Natty.

CantWait, thanks for the hugs, I figured it'd get me at some point but not while I'm so tired! Hope it does affect you this time.

Well I have 2 books next to me but I'm hoping I won't need them!

xx
  • Im really suffering with insomnia now. i was up from 1 till 4 this morning. iv been like it the past week, i wake needing the loo and by the time i get back to bed i cant sleep image so frustrating

• Yep sleep is evading me too. Feel so exhasuted the whole time, but not sleepy.... Grrrrr I have not taken any time of work yet, tbh I feel so rough the whole time that I would end up taking weeks on end off, which obviously isn't an option. Have to say I admire those of you who manage to get yourself sorted and looking the part to go to work! I am lucky in that I work from home so can do that unwashed in my PJs hugging a sick bucket if need be. I think getting myeslf ready and hopping on a train to wrok would actually finish me off! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I was fairly lucky last night, I was up for the toilet at about half 2 but was maybe only awake for an hour or so.  did wake up at quarter past 4 and at half 6 when I couldn't get back to sleep! 

Dani hope you manage to get some rest during the day.

Jazzy I am so jealous you work from home, I need a job like that! I have been late more than once as going in the shower makes me queasy as does trying to dry my hair. Driving isn't my favourite thing either lol.

xx

• no rest for me today, I have the grandparent inlaws down for a day trip from cardiff they will be here in 10, I have to hide my bump (not easy lol)

im glad i only work one day a week and my other half takes me to work and picks me up. I also have a small time business making birthday cakes around my area, been soon busy with them lately im taking a nice long break for a couple weeks image x