Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013

MW booking appt

Hi everyone,

just wondering when you have your midwife booking appt? I will be going when i'm between 7-8 weeks, they did offer the week before but i couldn't make it. Seems like ages away! 

Replies

• I will be doing booking in the same day as my 12 week scan. Have not got fate through yet but will prob be last week of feb!x
  • Not spoken to anyone yet! Got  my GP app tomorrow so hoping she will register me then. Last time my MW booking in app was at 8 weeks.

• I phoned docs today and they said to just go straight to mw. Think I will probably get the same crazy lady that I had with my DD, at least I will know what to expect from her!

Sn I can't seem to get a ticker going, think half the problem is my tablet won't let me paste! Did you put yours as your forum signature?
  • I'm booking on Monday (will be 7+5), booked straight with the midwife image x

• I had to go straight to midwife last time - but I have a GP app anyway tomorrow so I am hoping that she will just sort it out! 

x

• This is probably stupid, but I haven't dared make an appt yet! So worried that things might go wrong again, it almost seems better to not make it officially 'real' yet. Hence it's nice to have people to talk to on here, as we're not planning on telling anyone until after the 12 week scan. Obviously I'll have to get round to telling the midwife at some point...!
  • They do recommend that you contact someone straight away meerschweinchen - especially if things have gone wrong before so you can be monitored. x

• im going tomorrow at 9 weeks +0 will let u all know how it goes image

• Boo been to GP today about some woman issues i'd had before getting pg - and she can't refer me! I have to go to a midwife drop in session next THursday to get referred. Boooo seems ages away!

• I went to docs to register pregnancy last week and they've sent all paperwork to midwifes so hoping to get an appointment soon. Sure its was about 8 weeks with my last pregnancy.....

• Well, I've taken your advice, and phoned my surgery today! I'm glad you've spured me on to get my act together! I'm sure the receptionist doesn't have a clue though- I seem to be told a different thing each time! This time I've got to go in and give them a urine sample so they can do a pregnancy test, then once get the results I make an appt to see the gp, and then he'll refer me to the midwife! And yet when I was pregnant with my son, the gp said I didn't need to see him and could have seen the midwife straight away! Obviously because that was my first pregnancy I didn't know the system. Now that I thought I had more of an idea, they change it! Or else the receptionist is wrong, which I think she might be, but I can't exactly argue!

Supersquish, how did you get on today?
  • Wow you have to actually have a pregnany test?? They never tested me last time lol.

• that's odd making you test there, mind you it seems odd that they take our word for it that we are pg too!

• appointment tomorrow will let you know how i get on, wish i could hear babys heartbeat but will be too early image just want some evidence that somethings growing inside me lol

• I booked my midwife booking-in appointment today, asked for it to be in a couple of weeks, i have the appointment on the 4th feb when i will be around 8-9 weeks, wont seem to long after that before i have my 12 weeks scan image , not looking forward to the blood tests again!! xxx

• So booking in appoinment went ok, not very exciting really...just asked lots of quiestions and took blood. Didnt do a pregnancy test or even feel my tummy image but on plus side she said i can have a scan within the next 3 weeks! hurrah!

• supersquish I remember just lots of questions at my booking appt with DD, in my area you do blood tests at hospital. Mind you I hate them and fainted last time so am considering missing the first ones, hope that doesn't sound awful but I don't remember there being anything I won't know from last time? someone please tell me if I' m wrong?

yey, 3 weeks will go so quickly for your scan! x 

• They are worth doing minieggs - they will check your iron levels etc. ad check that you are well and healthy.

• I thought you only had iron level check at the other ones, 28 weeks or so? Been a long time, would be good if we got to keep our notes for future reference!

• The mw phoned me and is coming to my house a week tuesday image ill be 7 weeks x