Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013

so who have you told??

Hi fellow septembumpers Just wondering who, if anyone, you have told? Also when are you telling work? I've told my parents n bro as would tell them if anything were to go wrong anyway and also a good friend who just so happened to be spending the afternoon with me the morning I got my bfp-couldn't keep quiet as she knew it was on the cards! Will prob tell couple more close friends in next few weeks but will hold on till the magic 12w for everyone else I think.. How about you all?

Replies

• i've told my old 'due in Jan' group and a couple of friends. I'm going to have to tell work this week as i'm a trainee midwife and there's lots of moving and handling on labour ward I really shouldn't be doing! Not going to tell family or rest of friends until after scan. But only 5 weeks to go - i'm sure it'll fly. xx

• I've told my parents and sister and a few close friends. I've told my boss already as I have a child in my lass who is prone to lashing out - also i've had a few work related mental health issues this year and need somebody to keep an eye on me really. Still waiting to tell ILs as trying to get them to our house all together so we can tell them - but thye are being v resistant! If only my MIL knew why I wanted her to come for tea so desperately!!

• I remember the first 12 weeks dragging with my first pregnancy so hope they don't this time, I've got 7 weeks to go.. and I had a scan at 8 weeks last time, oh dear!

Ooh yes you don't want to be doing the lugging, I'm a nanny so also lifting heavy weights, ha ha! Not sure when to tell though as I've only been there a couple of months, feel bad!

•  crossed posts there sn.

with the child in your class will you get someone else in asap if something happens? good to know you have support there. Ha the in laws don't know what they're missing x 

• With dd and ds we told both perents and bro sis ect then in April when I got preg and had my mc at 8 weeks my bf family had been telling ppl so even after mc ppl were coming up to me to say congrats and it was very hard!

So this time we have only told my mum dad n wee sis as we are very close to them and see them most days so they can help if am ill or tired ect as my twi r so wee.

I don't know how I will hide it from everyone else as I have tiny bump at 6+3!!

• Well luckily this child has a support worker with her so I have plenty of good reasons to stay away from her - but i'd just rather someone know so that they don't go and send me in to deal with her whih they would have odne in the past (as I am trained to safely 'restrain' her - terrible word I know lol!) I had to tell really early last time for exactly the same reason!

• Heidi, that was another good reason for telling my parents too, extra help with dd if needed.

Oh that's good that there's always a support worker on hand tor her too sn X
  • Ive told parents brother sister and some close friends ! The people who id want around if god forbid anything was to go wrong x
  • Telling the ILs tonight! Can't wait! They are oging to be over the moon! 

• I was plannin on keeping it just between me and hubby, however it all happened so fast and i got over exicited, my family know, and a few friends x
  • I'm telling my parents tonight, I have a weird mixture of excitement and nerves though!! Going I tell work ASAP I think, mainly to get it over with!!
  • Ive told my parents and partners parents, my best friend and aunty and told work 2 weeks ago.

Had to tell my daughter as well although I didnt want to yet but had to explain why she couldnt jump all over mummy as usual!!

xx

• Tali I also had to tell my son for the same reason - he is quite rough normally!