Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hope you don't mind me posting, looking for mums to be for my PhD research

I am aware that posting recruitment messages on forums can be frowned upon, but I have tried to contact BabyExpert many times to see if they mind me posting this, and have had no response. I have checked the rules and there seem to be no guidelines saying that I cannot post, but if you are unhappy with me posting this message please let me know!

I am a PhD researcher at the University of Edinburgh, and I am looking for interviewees to take part in my study.

I would like to chat to women experiencing their first pregnancy who have not yet had their first trimester (dating) scan (in the south of Scotland/NE England). I would like to speak to women at about 10/11 weeks into their pregnancy. My research is investigating women's experiences of pregnancy, especially of the growing baby.

I would like to interview women three times over the course of pregnancy, to consider how their changing bodies and encounters with health professionals shape their experiences of pregnancy and the baby. It will be very informal, and a chance for women to share their stories in confidence with a very eager listener. I will also provide refreshments. Each interview will take around 1 hour, and I will happily travel to meet you, and at a time that suits you best.

I think that it is going to be difficult to find women in the early stages of pregnancy, so please spread the word! I know that the early stages of pregnancy can be a sensitive time, and have procedures in place to account for this. My research has been approved by the Centre for Population Health Sciences Research Ethics Committee at the University of Edinburgh.

Please email me to take part or for more information, or visit my website:

pregnancy.study@ed.ac.uk

www.edinburghpregnancystudy.wordpress.com

Thank you!

Replies

• Hi hun - just to say I don't fit your category as I am on my second pregnancy - but i will pass it on to a friend who isn't on this sight and in her first pregnancy.

And it doesn't bother me you posting on here. 

x

• Hi Snugglenush,

Thanks so much for your reply, and for passing the message on to your friend! It is hard to find women in the early stages of pregnancy because of the 12 week rule, so thanks for spreading the word!

Best wishes and happy pregnancy! From Emily x

• Hi

I am on my 6th pregnancy but have lost all of them so far. Do I fit your criteria? I would be interested in being part of it - don't know if you want outliers! Do get back to me.

Cheers
  • Oh I am 8 + 3
  • Hi Claire!

Thank you very much for your interest in my research, you seem to fit my criteria nicely as you have not yet had your 12 week scan; where are you based? Send me an email at

pregnancy.study@ed.ac.uk

and we can hopefully fix a date to meet!

Looking forward to hearing from you, from Emily

• Okey dokey will email you Emily