Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9 weeks pregnant and panicking!

Hey guys,

I am 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child, my little girl is 4 in June. I found out at around 5 weeks with this one and have had a really horrible fear of miscarrying ever since then.

I had some pale pink spotting at the beginning of last week which had turned heavier and darker by the following day so they booked me in for a scan at the Early Pregnancy Unit and baby was fine , heartbeat strong etc.

I dont remember feeling panicked like this at all when I was pregnant with my daughter and am finding that each day is taking forever to pass while I wait for my 12 week scan (25th Feb)

Is anybody else in a similar position or can offer any advice?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi,

I don't have any experience of this, but didn't want to read and run! I'd say just try and relax, easier said than done I know, but your early scan was fine so there's no reason why anything should go wrong.

xx

• Hiya, just wanted to say i echo the above comments and add that the risk of m/c after seeing hb at 8 weeks decreases so try not to worry too much i know it's hard and we all worry though x 

• Thank you to both of you for your reply.

I felt silly posting it, its just that since I had the bleeding my fear became so much worse, and never had the tiniest spot of blood when pregnant with my daughter.

Well 2 weeks today until my 12 week scan so fingers and toes crossed xx