Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

12 weeks is taking forever!

Replies

• @ruby so happy to hear that your anomaly scan went well and hope family arent giving you a hard time, they'll love your little princess just as much as you will when she's here, make sure you take some time for yourself and dont get too stressed, concentrate on that lovely holiday youve got soon image

@Aimsie congratulations and welcome! your first baby, so exciting! I was also told that my BMI was too high but so far have only been told that I will have to do the glucose test which is booked for mid June for me. I never went to an antenatal class last time so cant offer any advice on that im afraid, how are you finding everything generally?

@snugglenush arent you just loving the movements? I cant wait until they get really stong!

@babytummy2 welcome and congrats! I am due on 4th September but my dd was a week early so am wondering if this baba could be an August baby lol. I felt like I was carrying a girl again all the way up to my private scan and was so shocked when she said a boy but am really happy about it now! Hope the sickness and SPD eases off for you!

This morning I had a movement that made me jump it was so strong, i'm loving the feeling so I know he's ok its so much better than the early days when you cant feel a thing and have no idea if your little one is ok xx

• Hi everyone, welcome Aimsie and babytummy2!

I was just wondering about how everyone is getting on bump wise. I will be 16wks tomorrow but dont seem to have much of a bump yet. In the evening it seems to grow a bit bigger but think it maybe excess water. This is my first pregnancy so not entirely sure if i will just wake up one day with a more pronounced bump or if its a more gradual thing. Any advice/experiences would be appreciated. Think I am getting impatient to show now.

I have my mw appt on monday so hopefully will hear baby's heartbeat.

@Babytummy2 I am also not finding out the sex of the baby so we will both be having surprises!

• Welcome Aimsie and babytummy2!

Glad your scan went well rubyjavy your family have plenty of time to be happy to welcome your newest girlie.
  • Hi Tulip. My bump comes and goes at the mo. Sometimes it is really obv and feels really solid but other times I feel completely flat. This is my second and I think you are meant to show earlier with that. I think I showed at about 14/15 weeks with my daughter but everyone is different. Some people don't show til about 20 weeks or later. I seem to remember mine being gradual at first and then *boom* I was huge!!

Do you have any guesses on the sex of your baby? We must be due pretty close tog as I will be 16 weeks on Tue. How exciting image
  • @tallielli I am generally finding it all ok, not sure if I am feeling baby or not, get some flutters but nothing hugely distinguishable as movement.

I am not sure about bump, in bed & when sitting it feels massive but generally I dont think it is showing to others, I am looking at maternity clothes but finding it really hard to know what to get size wise, wearing some maternity jeans at the moment as the waist band on my regular ones was tight but I am now constantly pulling them up, I even bought the smaller size in the mat jeans, and nowhere seems to actually stock maternity wear!
  • @babytummy2 Thanks for your bump stories it has helped me to feel more at ease. My husband thinks we are having a girl reason unknown but I genuinely have no idea as yet. We are close together due date I am due in 21st Sept!! image.

@Aimsie I am the same with maternity clothes. I went to get some tops for work but because there is no bump it was a bit pointless to going to wait a few weeks. I have bought a pair of maternity jeans but not much use at the moment - the shop i went in had a pretend bump that you velcroed round your middle so you can get an idea of what they would look like with a bump. Found this quite funny... Hopefully our bumps will make an appearance soon. xx

• PS: I am too finding that nowhere stocks maternity wear in store. Dorothy Perkins used to have lovely stuff when my friend was expecting which was only a year ago but now they only have it online. Topshop and H&M have maternity clothes. Not sure if George at Asda does or not?

I like to try clothes on as im sure even maternity clothes can look weird in some styles??.

M&S have got some nice t-shirts and floaty shirts which i might get for work but not sure do you just buy your normal size or one bigger if the clothes are not specifically maternity??

(AAAGH more questions - sorry everyone!!) image

• You should be able to buy your normal size in maternity wear as they take into account your growing bump. If not maternity then it depends on the style and whether you want it to last all the way through.Sadly a lot of maternity wear is only avail online. Debenhams do stuff in store, fairly decent I think. The other place I would recommend is Next online, look in the clearance section. They have quite a bit of choice in maternity wear and you can have it delivered to store for free; so you can always try it when you collect and return if no good. I got some jeans for ??10. Don't want to spend loads when I hope to be out of them by this time next year!
  • New look seems to be one of the places for maternity clothes at the moment or lots of people sell clothes bundles on eBay.

Next Saturday I have my gender scan eeeeee
  • Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok. I had my 16wk mw appointment today and all was ok thank goodness. I heard baby's heartbeat which was strong so that made me feel happier that all is well. Still waiting to get my 20wk scan appt but mw said it should come in next 2wks from hospital.

good luck to you all if you have any scans coming up soon.

• Ladies i need your help am in a bit of a panic here!

When i went to the toilet this morning when I woke up there was a tiny spot of blood on the tissue no bigger than the mark a pen nib would make if you pressed it to paper but distinctly red in colour. Been a bit crampy the last couple of days but nothing major and no other symptoms.

I havent had anything since (keep going to check every 5 mins) and have checked his heartbeat on the doppler this morning and heard it clearly and have felt him move but have just got myself in a panic now!

My scan is a week tomorrow and not sure what to do?!

• Hey. I had bleeding at about 5 weeks with first preg, I know it's not the same, but everything was fine and daughter is now 2. I am sure all is ok, but prob worth going to the midwife, or giving them a call, just to be on the safe side. It could be a urine infection or piles causing the blood. Sometimes people get cysts on their cervix and that can cause intermittent but harmless bleeds. Keep checking on baby (how cool that you have a Doppler image ) and if you notice anything else or feel like something might be wrong def get in touch with mw. Don't panic, I am sure all is fine and whatever you do, don't google it!! Take care xXx
  • Thanks @babytummy I had no bleeding at all when pregnant with DD but had bleeding at 8 weeks with this pregnancy and then that little spot this morning.

I feel a bit better now as have felt him moving all day and havent had a hint of blood for the rest of the day and no cramps, they did say when I went for a scan at 8 weeks after the beldding that I had a small cyst on my ovary then?

I had to get a Doppler lol cuz i am the biggest worrier ever so it helps if i get a panic on lol.

Unless I have any more blood or movements lessen think I will just wait for my scan next week

Thanks for your advice image

• *bleeding that was supposed to say image

• sorry @Tulip hadnt commented on your appointment, really glad everything went well and you heard your little bean's heartbeat thats great news, let us know when you get your scan date x

• hi all, had my 16 wk appt, all fine just waiting for scan appt now, hope not too long...

tali I'm sure all is fine, as you say could be due to the cyst but if you worry again give your midwife a call to reassure you x not long till your scan x 

tulip, def a lack of maternity clothing on the high st i agree! but yep just buy your normal size. I'm sure your bump will come along in next few weeks as they grow quickly now, i didnt have much of a bump at all with my dd at this point either.

micro, exciting not long now, are you thinking it Will be a girl or boy?

welcome to newbies image

• Tali, I have doppler too : ) I love listening to the baby! Hope you have no more scary drops of blood.

Minieggs I had my 16 week appointment yesterday too, my midwife was lovely. She involved my dd in everything.

no real feelings of boy or girl, I think it could be a boy because I'm not as ill this time round, I'm counting down to finding out
  • Glad your appointments went well @micro @minieggs you'll have to keep us informed of scan dates, hope they come through soon!

Havent had any more blood or any bad symptoms and last night he was bouncing around like a loonatic lol!

@micro lack of sickness was one of the only things that made me think I was having a ds this time and was right, cant wait until you all find out image

Exciting week for me next week, will find out on Tuesday what primary school my little dd has got into ready to start in September and then my 20 week scan on wednesday image xx

• another one here who thinks maybe a boy. mostly as you both say with not feeling as rough for as long, also the old wives tale of hearbeat sounding like a train and that my hubby thinks it is for some reason!!

oh and i asked about the matb1 form situation if anyone wanted to know. mw said i can have it from 20 weeks, just to call surgery and have mw complete it for collection (my next mw appt isnt until 28 weeks)

tali I'm glad all seems well now, and yes exciting week ahead for you, keep us posted x 

• Had my gender scan - Im having a BOY!!!