Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013

Nebody gettin a horrible response to pregnancy news?

Hi everyone, Just wondered if any of u had started spreading the good news and was just wondering if u had any cruel or insensitive remarks abt it? Yest I told my neighbour, who only has one child, that I was expecting my fourth and was hoping for a boy and she was realy cruel and made a lot of remarks of how she Cudnt understand anybody wanting so many kids n how she Cudnt do it, especially for a particular sex, n how she thinks I was forced into it just to make my hubby happy n give him a son, n just realy one way thinking remarks like that. I did keep putting in that everybody r different n it's everybody's personal choice, n it doesn't mean it's rite or wrong but she just didn't want to listen n basically made me feel like a nobody, if that makes sense. I never thot she wud cum out with all this stuff. I kno I shudnt let her get to me, but her life seems so perfect wit the big house n perfect job with the perfect hubby n da perfect child who they can spoil rotten, whereas I'm just a disabled housewife wit 3 girls who walks around n trackers n jumpers cos its more comfy, but seriously there's no need to make sumone feel that ur making a mistake just cos their choices wud b different, don't u think?

Replies

• hey rubyjavy!

didnt want to read and run but couldnt believe what i read, how insensitive if her it nust be great to be away up on that pedastool of hers looking down on everyone else, just remember pedastools arent that steady and one day itl break! you usualy find people/couples that seem perfect from the outside in are the ones who are in a mess! never know maybe shes jelous? she may have wanted more kids but cant and its made her angry? youl never know unless you confront her x

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones springs to mind for this one!

i know how u feel tho i was only 18 when i fell pregnant, had been with my then partner only 7 months it wss unplanned he tried to force me to get rid but i couldnt so when it came to telling our parents i was already 3 months, his mums resonse wss horrible! shr said we werent to expect alot of congratulations off people because we wer having a baby without being married! total cheek of the women! she told my then partner she was so disapointed in him and couldnt look at him which hurt him and me however im quiete strong willed so had it out with her wont stand for anyone making me feel that way x

no ones got the right to judge u hun! i live in my pajamas lol! my neighburs think im bad i go out to the car and things in them haha but who am i here to impress? no one ! image they all get on really well with me so its a bonus x as long as you and ur kids are happy and healthy wh cares what anyone else thinks! hope your ok x

sorry about the big story just wanted you to know ur not alone and be strong! cobgrats on ur news hun! take care xx
  • Thank u so so much. That was a very nice msg from u!!! Uve made me smile n feel better. Thanx
  • your very welcome x

if you need a chat just mesg me x

hope u feel better & dont let small minded people get u down x
  • Just seen this - what horrible things to say! I am shocked that anybody would have the nerve or cheek to actually say that to someones face! I echo what Kellx said - I think she gave the perfect answer. At the end of the day - you are happy about the pregnancy, and that is all that matters.

x

• its disgraceful isnt it snugglenush! that any women would say that x she just soinds like a stuck up horible women but then again got to feel.sorry for her for being so bitter!x
  • That is disgusting why in earth does she think she can judge. One of my best friends has 4 children and they are lovely all really polite and well behaved. I agree there is probable some element of jealousy in it, if she mentions it again ask why she can't have more. Then just avoid her x
  • poor you, i would definitely avoid her in future x 

• I've asked her in da past if she's having more cos she lives in a four bedroom house but she just laffed n said no way cos she didn't want her daughter to have to share anything n she wanted to spoil her rotten cos she herself is the only child and loved it, so I don't think it's jealousy, it's just da fact dat she herself personally feels strongly abt not having a big family, which is fine for her, but it doesn't mean that for people who do have big family's that it's wrong or their something weird abt it. I love my big family, there r 5 of us n 4 really close cousins n Wenever we do get together it's a riot n I wud love that for my kids.......

That neighbour just made me feel like crap tho, like everything abt my life is wrong cos hers is so perfect........she even had da cheek to ask if I was kicking my mother in law out to make space for the new baby.........

She's been alrite in da past, but it's just that u can't get a word in sideways cos it's like "my perfect life, my perfect family, my perfect daughter" ( n da way she talks abt her daughter n her looks "she is just the way I wanted her, blue eyes n blonde hair", ud think she made her herself in a factory!!!!!)

My kids play wit hers n if ur outside n she catches u then she just keeps on talkin until u practically have to start walkin away from her, but yea I think it's best just to avoid her now..........
  • She sounds a bit lonely and very ignorant to be honest  -what is she gonna do if her daughter puts on weight and her hair turns darker will she not be her perfect daughter anymore? I think the number of children is a personal choice, i'm one of 4 and we never went without plus we were very lucky that we always had each other to play with.

Congratulation on your baby hun x

• Thanx Mildred!!!!

After trying to avoid her I had her banging on my door cos she got locked out so I had to invite her in.........lol.

But thankfully there wasn't ne negative or snidy remarks this time........just talking for half hour abt her daughters infection.........

I really really wanted to tell her how insensitive n bad her comments were before but I just never had da heart........

I don't kno wat she wud do Mildred if ne of her daughters features changed.......it wud b interesting to watch tho????