Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013

Gender scan

Hi guys, I was in a bit of a dilemma n Thot maybe u cud help me out? I really want to have a gender scan but was abit worried abt the timing. The baby bond website clearly states that you can have a gender scan between 16-22 weeks, but I remember from when I had my daughters that they told me that I Cudnt go in before 20 weeks becos the accuracy decreases?!?! The thing is I have 3 dd's so obviously me n hubby really want a boy this time, n our patience is really low, meaning we want to find out ASAP wat we r having to prepare ourselves, so was wondering to just go for the scan at 16 weeks, or shud I wait til 20 weeks? Does anybody know or have experience of the accuracy of the baby bond gender scans?!?! Please help

Replies

• hey, if you want to know asap then id say go at 16 weeks. I had an early scan with babybond in my last pg -so not a gender scan but was too impatient to wait for my normal 12 week scan! I was really impressed with them and have only heard the same from others x 

• I am going for an early gender scan with Baby Bond at 16 weeks and 3 days and I'm also concerned. Not sure if it is way too early and if they will be able to tellus the sex?

• That's wat I'm afraid if dollypink, that going at 16 mite b too early, or even worse they tell me the wrong sex!!! It's just I've been on google n heard a lot of things, gud n bad about baby bond, the worst being that they have also been able to get it wrong, and I kno that the hospital I go to have a strict policy not to tell Asians the gender bcos of them favouring boys over girls, (personally I wudnt do sumat stupid if I found out I was having a girl)

Neways my point is that I cnt even confirm it from then at a later stage just incase, so I'm still in a dilemma, saying that I have taken the plunge n booked a scan for this Saturday..........but everyone's so anxious for me to have a boy that I've not told neone, not even my hubby, cos we'll all b walking on eggshells........n then obviously I've got thus added fear that they mite tell me I'm having a boy n I end up wit a girl, or the other way round, I dnt even kno now if it's worth finding out????
  • It's a lot easier to spot a boy than a girl if that helps? They are looking for little balls and willy which is a lot more obvious than a little girl.

• Hey Ruby, Ive booked mine for 16 weeks and 3 days and most of the sites ive been on says an experienced sonographer can see from 15 weeks and that the only reason the NHS does it at 20 weeks is because they are not focusing on the gender they are looking for abnormalities some of which are only obvious to see from this 20 week point, the gender is an added thing on the side for this scan but not essential.

Babybond's results are in excess of 99% accuracy after 16 weeks, and also its easier to think if its a little girl and then later on find out its a boy, its very rare they tell you its a boy and it turns out to be a girl because they would have had to see his winkle to confirm it, see what they see at your Babybond one and then your 20 week one will confirm it for you a few weeks after that image xx

• Thanx guys!!!! I'm still really really nervous n anxious but I suppose il have to find out one day????

It kind if helps knowing most of u r going for the scan aswell around 16 weeks, so baby bond must b doing sumat rite, rite?

I think I'm also abit anxious bcos I've not felt baby move.........I'm 15 weeks and 4 days and I wudve Thot I'd have felt baby move as it's my fourth pregnancy but I got nothing n I'm kind of scared that il go to baby bond to find out sex n there'll b sumat wrong wit baby altogether????

I'm just a nervous wreck as u can probably tell????
  • Ps and I have read on google that they have got the girl n boy mixed up cos one of them went for a scan n told it was a boy only to b told at 20 weeks it was a girl so they went back to baby bond and was told its a definite girl and they were mistaken before bcos the girl bits were swollen due to hormones or sumat........so I guess it can happen both ways..........???

And I'm sorry, I dnt mean to freak neone out wit that bit of info!!!!!
  • Im the same Ruby i think I've felt the odd little flutter but not strong enough for me to be definite, 1m 14 weeks and 5 days with second baby and thought I would have felt it by now, my scan is in 11 days time and i'm worried im going to get there and they're going to say there;s no heartbeat or anything, I've been really worried about it. Havent really been able to enjoy this pregnancy much so far cuz i'm constantly worried something is going to go wrong xx

• Yup talli, that's exactly how I'm feeling.........it's really strange isn't it how we cnt enjoy our pregnancies bcos of the constant worry of sumat going wrong!!!! I've produced 3 kids before but I'm still thinking sumats going to go wrong......I blame my first pregnancy miscarriage, but even that was at 3 months, which in over now.......

I'm still going to baby bond.......just hope it's a healthy jumping baby boy????
  • Its horrible and I feel guilty cuz I feel like I've been ruining it for my partner cuz he's really excited and wanting to enjoy it and I'm just constantly waiting for something to go wrong! I didn't have any problems with my dd and she was perfectly healthy and didn't even really stress when I was pregnant with her but this time I just haven't been able to shake off the feeling that something is going to go wrong from the minute I found out, its so strange wish it would just stop so I can enjoy my pregnancy, I'm almost 15 weeks now so am well out of the 12 week danger stage should be chilling but I'm just panicking!

What are we like lol xx
  • I think we stress more bcos we kno wat we cud lose now that we have kids running around and felt dat special love and bond wit our children.

Hopefully we'll start feelin our babies and have our 16 week scans without a hitch????
  • Hope you get some good pictures at your gender scans! Feeling the baby move depends on where the placenta is, with my dd I had an anterior placenta so felt her late around 22 weeks as the placenta blocks the movements from bein picked up. Hope all goes well xx
  • Thanks micromonkey hope I start to feel something soon to put my mind at rest! Hope all is well with you xx

• I started feeling movements at 14 weeks as had a posterior placenta which means you generally feel movement earlier.  I had a gender scan at 14/15 weeks and got told i was having a girl image so 16 weeks be fine xxx