Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SPD

Hi guys. I've just spent the night in hospital becos of really bad pelvic/stomach pains, and was told it mite b a blood clot last nite, but they've done a scan of my leg and said there's no blood clot so it can only be SPD and r sending me home!!!! No maternity belt, no painkillers, nothing!!!! I'm so disappointed and still in pain, they never even checked on baby, even wen they did da scan on my leg, so I'm still kind of clueless on wat I'm supposed to do now...........???? They've told me to rest, n take painkillers wen necessary, but they've not given me any and they know that I have 3 kids at home, so no rest either....... Sorry for the rant, just needed to let it out????

Replies

• Aw hunny, that's pants what is SPD?, take paracetamol Hun, how far pregnant are you? X
  • SPD is sumat to do with the pelvic area all loosening up and causing pain. I'm only 14 weeks, didn't think id get this for a couple of months, bcos I know I had a milder version in my fifth month onwards with my last pregnancy. But wats getting me really down is that the hospital have been no help whatsoever, and I'm in pain with 3 dependants, with no way of coping or pain relief. I have to go to my gp now and beg them to give me something ????

I just don't know what to do or how to cope. I've heard it gets worse as the pregnancy progresses, and some woman even end up on crutches and wheelchairs!!!! I cnt even stand or walk for too long rite now and I've got all the housework and school runs to do bcos my hubby works long hours in a shop and my family live a gud 30 mins away, do they cnt b much helpful either???? I just dnt kno wat to do
  • Aww hunny I'm sorry you've got it tough and I'm sorry you don't have any other help I don't know what to suggest xxx
  • Have you tried contacting your midwife? I've known people who've had it and they have been referred to physio which helps. Awful they sent you home with no proper support or advice. Big hugs and hope it eases soon.
  • My midwife just told me to call physio, who initially gave an appointment in April!!! Even tho I told them how desperate I was. But then out of the blue they called today and said they had a cancelation for next week.............but it still dnt help me til I get there......I really hope physio helps.......I went to gp for meds but they refused too, becos the hospital hadn't prescribed anything......do u know if the maternity belts help?