Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

20 weeks+

Replies

• Options

So glad you got some picture and you finally know she is a girl!!! How lovelyc

• Options

ah aimsie, thats lovely image

hows everyone doing? third trimester here we come!

got my 28 week appt next week. My poor dd has croup so we are having a quiet week at home, hoping she recovers soon 

• Options

All going well I think, we had a spare room clear out so now have room for a cot image have sorted out maternity leave at work, officially finish on 16th Aug (woohoo)

Cant believe I turn 30weeks this week, where is the time going!!!! 

Question for everyone....when are you going to pack you hospital bag and do birth preference plan?

NHS antenatal booked for 20th July....very excited bout this, get hubby more involved too!

• Options

Glad you have baby space, we've done our clear out too, we now have space for our little girls single bed.

I'll pack my hospital bag around 35 weeks. I won't wrote a birth plan I think Labour is too unpredictable I'm happy to go with what happens and whatever pain relief I feel I need at the time. The ladies on my nct course who did a detailed plan were disappointed when the birth did follow it, whereas I loved my labour.

• Options

if my placenta has moved i will use my birth plan from last time as i would have the same preferences. if it hasnt moved i will do a csec one, wont find out till 34 weeks, grr!

luckily for me it all went to plan last time but obviously as micro says just be prepared in case it doesnt. but having said that the birth plan was useful for giving all my info upfront when i arrived at birth unit not wanting to have to tell them everything so think its useful to do one anyway

• Options

Hello everyone!! We've all gone a bit quiet, how is everybody getting on?

All is well with me, my glucose test came back fine so that was a big relief, saw mw about 3 weeks ago and baby was bang on target with fundal measurement and also was in the head down position. Am 32 weeks tomorrow and seeing the mw again on Thursday. Will be every 2 weeks after this one.

Im feeling absolutely enormous now and am back to feeling really tired with no energy. Still been sleeping quite well although I do always wake up around half 5ish to pee each morning which is quite annoying. Baby is still quite active and kicking around lots can really see my belly move up and down and side to side now.

Whats new with everybody else? Where are you all in terms of weeks now?

Anybody packed their hospital bag yet? I've washed all of baby's clothes now, still need to do sheets and blankets and stuff though. Have put the Moses basket up but nothing else and have a few bits in the maternity bag but still quite a bit needs to go in there.

Tc everyone xx

• Options

hi tali, im glad all is well with you. i hear you on the tiredness front, i have moments of no energy recently.

im 30+3 and have a scan at 34 wks to see if my placenta has moved, feel in limbo until i know!

im pretty much organised now, nearly finished hospital bags,, just bits to add. couple of baby things to get still.

baby is a bit of a kicker, head down according to mw and measuring as expected at my last appt.

hope the temp drops a bit for us all, as if we need another thing to disturb our sleep!

how is everyone else doing?

• Options

Hi all

I am 33 weeks now, today we had our antenatal class & tour of the labour ward, I am really excited by it all now, cant wait for her to arrive!! 

Only 4 weeks left at work, started handing over to my cover person so think its going to fly by as I start the wind down

Pushchair & car seat all bought, just waiting on cot to arrive but got moses basket all set so we are pretty much ready.  Ihave packed babies hospital bag & mine is nearly there.

Struggling in the heat, feet are like tree trunks & sleeping is a problem....I am also grtting alof of acid reflux at night whivh is not fun....rennie or gaviscon do not seem to help much!

Hope you are all doing ok x 

• Options

hello evreyone though i could join in if thats okay im lauren and im 23 weeks pregnant image x

• Options

@minieggs I'm exactly the same with the no energy thing its draining me again can barely get any housework done in the evenings because I am so tired after work. Will keep fingers crossed for you at 34 week scan, if placenta hasnt moved do you have to have a c-section or what will happen? Heat has been horrendous not liking it at all!

@aimsie how exciting ive been wondering whether to book a tour but then my hospital does have an online tour thing as well which Ive had a look at but its not the same, how did you find it?

@Missl congratulations and welcome hun, when are you due? Hope youre feeling ok

I am 34 weeks tomorrow and finishing work on Thursday cant wait as I am extremely tired although dont know how much rest I am going to get as dd finishes full time nursery this week and is just going to do two afternoons a week while I'm on Maternity Leave before starting school in September. As those with other children will know its often easier to be at work lol!

My last midwife appointment my little man was still head down but was 2 and a half weeks ahead this time. Seeing her again on Thursday morning and if he is still that much ahead she said they may look further into it as they normally do if you're 2 or more weeks ahead or behind in growth terms so waiting to see what happens there.

We've now got the pram and car seat all paid and its being delivered on the 31st, going to pick the cot up next week as well and then thats pretty much everything just a few little stock bits to get. Hospital bag is all packed and ready now too.

I'm getting super excited now and just cant wait until he gets here but am worried its going to start really dragging when I start Maternity Leave. My dd is going away with my parents for a week in August so think I'm going to get their room all sorted that week.

Whats everybody else's news?

xx

• Options

Hello Talielli thanks hun im due on 16 of november image  i cant wait how are you ? when are you due and what are you having xx

• Options

Hi everyone!!! It's so exciting seeing everyone near the finishing line........kind of went really quick hasn't it?

im 35 weeks, got less than 3 weeks for my c section which is on the 15th August!!!! I think I'm probably one of the first on this forum to have the baby. Getting really tired and big now. Just want the baby to get here now cos I kind of feel like everything's on hold?! 

In hospital rite nw from last nite cos I had pain n cramping, bt it's settled so shud b getting home soon.

cant believe sum of u r still working!!! It must b really hard.......I only get abt a couple if hrs of sleep at nite between the heart burn n peeing!!! Dnt get much nap time during the dat tho cos of da kids.......but I'm getting my sister to help out the last week before my section so can relax fully then........

I'm getting excited and anxious at the same time since it's my fourth section image docs r trying to convince me to get sterilised, bt I'm nt too sure........

• Options

Hey ladies. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well as we fast approach the finish line. Cant wait to meet my little one now, she is still so active, i thought she would have quietened down by now but nope, think i will have a handful.image That will be me 35 weeks on Tuesday and will work another 3 full weeks from next week. Still very busy in work which is very tiring, however starting the handover process which is good, however will be working quite full on for my last few weeks according to My calendar.

Hi micro monkey. Hope your well, I haven't prepared a a birth plan either and not sure whether to or not but I suppose I better get moving if I am.

Hi Tali. Excellent news you have started your maternity leave, I could be doing with finishing soon myself. Glad alls well with you and the baba, and you are getting prepared for the imminent arrival. Yes the hot weather took it out me too, was so so tiring.  have just started packing my hospital bag, nearly finished just got a few pieces to get. Oh and I know what you mean about the constant peeing. I go and I need again.It's the one thing I won't miss about the pregnancy.

Hi minieggs. how you doing, how did you get on at 34 week scan.

Hi Aimsie. Our hospital doesn't do a tour, just an online video you can look at which is not the same. Great your hospital lets you tour the labour ward. That's us got our pram too, ready to be picked up for when we want it. So very exciting. We have also out the baby seat in the car now in readiness. ooh makes it all so very real and exciting. image.

Hi Missl. Welcome and congratulations. hope you are having a good pregnancy. Do you know what your having?. Im expecting a little girl. Can't wait to meet her. 5 weeks tues she will here if I don't go earlier or later... image.  

Hi ruby. Hope your okay and cramping has subsided and tour now out of hospital. Wow. You are def going to be the first of the ladies on this forum to have your baba. How exciting. Keep us updated..., image 

take care lovely ladies and keep the thread updated on your news and new arrivals xx

• Options

not much new here, still being kicked lots oh and also have a glamorous new pg issue-piles! is it sept yet?!!!

tali i think if my placenta hasnt moved they would rescan and arrange csec after if neces. how was your mw appt?

hi missl, im having a boy, already have a dd. is this your first?

ruby, hope you're ok, not too long to go for u! good date for your babys birthday, its mine too.

dmari, i have my scan in 2 weeks. sounds as if you are getting organised and wont be long now for you either.

time is flying, very exciting! 

• Options

Hey rubyjay hope your feeling better good luck for your c section. 

Hello dmari3 hello and thanks and congratulations to you  it's going fine thanks for asking hope  yours has been okay and yes i am having a little boy aww a princess not long now I guess for you then 

hello minieggsno1  aww a  little boy like me image how's pregnancy treating you?  Aww lovley how old ?  And yes after 2 miscarriages image. xx

• Options

Hi there,

Sorry it's been so long since I wrote anything. The end of term has been manic and I have been struggling a lot in the heat. My classroom was well in to the high 30s - yuck. I found out at one of my recent mw appointments that I have low blood pressure too and keep feeling faint and pathetic!

I am so glad that everyone seems to be doing well, I am behind a lot of you as I am not due until 24th Sept. Can't believe you will be meeting your baby so soon RubyJavy, it seems to have flown by. Good luck with the C-section, it must be strange knowing the exact date that the baby will arrive.

TalliElli have you had your scan to check on baby yet? I am week behind dates apparently which is surprising as I feel massive! My daughter was always spot on. I am sure it is nothing to worry about, babies vary a lot in size. I take it you got the pram and carseat today then? Exciting image I loved getting all that stuff but we haven't bought much extra this time, although I have bought a crib as we don't have as much space in our room for the cot as we did last time. Hope you are enjoying your well earned Mat leave and I know exactly what you mean about it being easier at work!!

Well done on sorting hospital bag Dmari, I really need to finish off sorting mine. I just did a big Boots order with all the lovely things like breast pads and maternity towels etc - what a joy childbirth is, lol. It is my job for the next week to sort it all out and get all prepared as I have a fairly packed summer hols and then will be back at work for 2 weeks in September so really need to be organised. 

Good luck with the scan Minieggs, I hope the placenta moves for you. Pesky things! My Mum had the same problem when she was expecting my younger sister. Apparently it goes somewhere new every time?! And I can sympathise with the piles, mine seem to be going although I had it for quite a long time and started to get all paranoid about it being something more serious.

Congratulations Missl and sorry to hear about your miscarriages image My birthday is in November - it is a great month image  Hope you are feeling well and not suffering in the heat too much.

I have to admit I am starting to get a bit fed up. I am now so, so big and my SPD has got to the point where I can't even walk to the shops which isn't helping. Have spent last week potty training my daughter and she has done really well, but I am struggling with the constant trips upstairs and not sleeping very well either. To add to it all my husband was knocked off his bike a couple of weeks ago and now has to use my car for work (he's ok, considering, but still sore and bruised and having to faff about with solicitors etc isn't ideal) so I am practically housebound and there aren't many activities close by that I can do with my daughter. Sigh. I think pregnancy should be 7 months, lol. Will probably go 2 weeks over as well, like I did with my daughter, so even longer to wait image Hope you are all feeling a bit more positive than me and sorry to sound so bloomin' miserable. I'm not really, just have my moments when I just want to be able to hold my little one at last and lie comfortably in bed, even if I don't get a lot of time to do it!! Take care all xXxXx

• Options

thanks hun and its okay i see it as they sent me my little miracle image and aww is it what date ? sorry to hear that your blood pressure low and you been feeling unwell hope it picks its self back up and you feel alot better im fine thanks for asking but weather is way to much for me how are you ? and how is the weather treating you? xx

• Options

I can't believe it is August already! September will be here so soon! 

Rubyjavy not long until your c ssection! How have you found recovery from your previous ones? Will you post a picture when your little girl arrives? 

My dd had her preschool booster jabs yesterday, she was a superstar. I have my 34 week appointment next Tuesday, hopefully she will measure my bump this time as she only felt it last time.

Babytummy2 sorry to hear about your husband, hope he is all okay now. I'm due on the 26th but only doing the 2 inset days in September!

• Options

hope everyone is well..... Not long now for most of us. Tick tock, can't wait image especially for you ruby, my, you must be so excited. minieggs not long to your scan now, let us know how it goes.  congrats on finding out your having a boy missl, lovely. sorry your struggling babytummy2, hope things are better for you now. . Hope you get your bump measured at your next appointment Micro monkey, mines has been measured at my last few appointments., size coincided with how many weeks I am... image xx

• Options

thanks Dmari hope your well x