Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sorry to G/C Depressed 24 wks Pregnant

Im not going to go into detail otherwise id be on here forever.

I had depression a few times b4 inc PND and i KNOW i have it now (24 weeks). I dont know who to talk too. Its killng me. I cant even look in the mirror. Im actually repulsed when i do and (please dont judge) rly sometimes think i dont love this baby. I know its awful and i dont want to be like this. I cant help it. Having awful thoughts and crying all the time.

I know i need help. We wont be having any more and i normally love been pregnant, feel sexy etc but just dont this time. I dont get it. I dont like it.
I know we are having a boy but still call it "it". Just cant get excited. Its gotten worse as the weeks have gone on and as soon as i think its easing (like today) a new feeling emerges (bn repulsed)

I dont want to be a bad mummy. But i also dont want people to think i am. MW said antidepressants ehich i said no too but now i thinking i do need them. Seriously b4 this gets nasty. I even thought about hurting myself today.

I dont get it. Im sorry
I do love my boys

Replies

• so sorry you are feeling this way, could you MW refer you to a counciler at the hospital, it may also be worth a chat with your gp if you can, he would be able to explain the pharmacological aspects that could help

hope things get better x
  • Hi there, I just saw your post as I'm searching for some advice too. I am 25+5 weeks preggers and have been feeling depressed too. I have a 16 month old baby girl and am not sure if it's because I'm pregnant that I feel depressed or because she is wearing me out with her crying and moaning etc. We had been told it was another girl at 12 weeks and were very happy to hear that, but at 20 weeks we were told that it was in fact a boy. Shocked and upset. Struggling to bond and he gets called the Thing! Is this something that can happen when you have another little one whilst pregnant or am I just not coping very well? Hope you get the support you need. Just wanted to say that you are not alone in feeling the way you do. X