Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help please

Hi My LO is 2 months old.

My OH thinks that i had PND but im sure i haven t. Im not depress or have been.
But i have been biting my OH head off when ever he says the wrong thing, i do sametimes think that he dont love me as much as he use to, even through my OH have told me he does. I ve been really snapie with him, one minute i will be fine then the next im moody. I really dont know whats wrong with me, i never used to be like this. I do sametimes feel alone, sad and i sametimes cry when me and my OH have had a fight. I kept thinking we be better off apart but i love my OH so much. I dont know what to do for the best, i have to think of my LO and i dont want him to grow up without a dad all because im beenin moody.
What do u ladies think it is? I've got my 6-8 week check today and my LO injections. Should i speak to my doctor? :\?

THANKS

Fiona and baby Sean
xx

Replies

• Hi, poor you I know how you feel. I had PND when I had my first (now have 2 lo's) I can look back on this with clarity now and can see what was going on. When I had PND it felt like a huge cloud was forever hanging over me. I had a beautiful little baby and a husband that adored both of us. All reasons to be happy..........only as you are experiencing it does not always works that way. If it gives you some comfort you are not the only one feeling the way you do and there are people here to help you. I would mention how you feel at the doctors. That is one of the reasons you have the check not only for the baby. I found that my HV was one of the biggest helps but that may have been because I was lucky. They normally give you a test to complete to see if you have got PND. Do you go to any mother and baby groups? Just getting out of the house may help. Do you feel that a bit of time for just YOU may help?
    You may not have PND, but personally when i did I did'nt think I did (if that makes sense) I took my unhappiness out on my husband even tho it was not his fault. Do you think you would feel better if you had a chat with someone about it? It may get how you feel out in the open. Remember all the parents /to be parents etc are here to help you if we can.
    Hope the 6-8 week check goes ok and that baby sean is ok with jabs. I nearly cried when mine had them!
  • It was my oh that made me go and speak to someone as I was also taking everything out on him. I started off just being snappy and moody but I got progressivly worse. I felt awful and started thinking I would be better off without him. I began saying things to him just to hurt him, then I would feel so awful about it I began to self harm. I even told him that the baby wasn't his and I can't forgive myself for this. This made me realise that I needed to speak to someone and the doc put me on tablets. Luckily oh was very understanding and realised that I wasn't myself but I came so close to losing him and I know that would be the last thing I'd want to happen now, though only a few weeks back I thought this would be for the best.
    I've been on my tablets for about 6 weeks and I feel so much better already. I do still have quite a few down days when I am pretty snappy and pick arguments over nothing but I am nowhere near as bad as I was.

Hope the jabs go ok. we've got our 3rd lot on thursday and I'm not looking forward to them at all.