Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Side Effects

Hiyas, I've been diagnosed as having PND last week and my GP started me on Fluoxetine. I've been suffering with nausea, dizziness and sweating since then and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can expect these side effects to go or if I have to go back to GP as the medication might be unsuitable for me?

Replies

• I have not long been prescribed this and I did get slightly dizzy for the first week but no other symptoms.
    I would say if the side effects are bad or last for more than 2 weeks to see your gp as the tablets may not be the right ones for you.
    Have you started to feel any benefits?
  • I feel a little bit calmer now, but that might have something to do with actually knowing that I'm getting help now. Still feel a little sick at times and I tend to get a bit sweaty, but fingers crossed, it's getting better.
  • I felt a bit better as soon as I started taking them probably because I knew I was regaining control and I have been on them nearly a month and think things are improving slowly.
    I really hope they work for you. xx
  • I started taking this last week too & have had very sleepless nights, migraine type eye problems, and then very sweaty at night-time too, i'm glad to hear the side effects do wear off eventually.... I don't think i've started to feel the benefits just yet though...
  • I'm happy to report that after taking these for nearly two weeks now, most of the side effects have worn off, I don't feel sick all the time now and the sweating has mostly subsided.
    My GP also recommended to take the medication in the morning as it can cause sleeplessness and so far this seems to have worked.
  • Just goes to prove we are all different, I have to take mine at night as they make me drowsy lol!