Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

everyone thinks I have PND

My family and husband think I have pnd and want me to go to the doctors but i'm scared.
My little on is 7 1/2months now and i've been feeling really weird for a few months now.
some days are fine and I cope with things well, but since coming back to work 4 days a week it seems to be getting worse.
some days I get in such rages that it scares me. everthing my oh does annoys me and i'm so irrational sometimes I can't think straight. I feel a total failure as a mother and just sit there and howl. I'm doing it now, sat at my desk at work in tears and I don't know why. I am constantly worrying about money, or the lack of it and my husband is packing his business in and come a few weeks don't know how we're going to pay the mortgage as he hasn't found a job yet.
I have a constant headache like there's a cloud over my head, I would rather just lay in a dark room and not see a sole but I have to go to work and carry on, but I don't know how much longer I can go on for.

Do you think it's pnd or am I just letting things get on top of me? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to cope, plenty of people have babies and job and homes and cope perfectly well so why can't I?

sorry for going on....

Replies

• Options
    Oh babe dont worry, you are not alone. I know i sound like a broken record but you should go to your gp and see what they say. Its damn hard work being a mum and working and looking after hubby and a house. I swear we dont get enough credit for it. I would def say that it could be PND but it could also be everything getting on top of you. I know how hard it is with a low income as ive been off work for almost a year due to bad pregnancy complication etc and im going back next month. Money worries can put such a strain on a relationship as it is, then throw in a baby and mortgage and wait to see the fireworks.
    Go see you gp and see what they say but dont beat yourself up about it, life is hard enough, dont feel guilty about not coping, let me know what they say. xxxxx
  • Options
    Definitely go see ur GP, or do u have a health visitor that you can contact that you feel ok talking to? Talking to someone is going to be the first step hun......and don't feel ashamed or a failure! It's not ur fault, there's nothing that can be done to prevent anyone getting it and things like money worries etc just add to it. I struggled for a while but it was not a good idea as I ended up with bad anxiety and panic attacks on top of the PND and my dh had to take 3 months off work to look after me and the kids!!

Take Care xxx