Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pnd???

can u have pnd and not feel bad feelings towards your baby??

im going to go to the doctors next week as the last week i have been feeling like absoulute shit, and it isnt my baby that is bothering me, its everything else. erica is a really good baby asnd i love her so much, its just the rest of the world i am having trouble coping with.
i have felt so ill today because i have been getting so upset.
ha sany1 else been like this??
my family and partner dont know how i feel, i dont want them to know until i know.

love grace and erica 3 weeks old xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Gracie,

I feel exactly the same, so you're not alone! I was in the same position as you a couple of weeks ago, like you said everything else was getting too much (you can read my post 'Help!' on this forum) and I was just feeling worse and worse until it all came to a head and one day I just couldn't stop crying. I was really confused at first as I thought that pnd was only when you didn't bond with your baby but after coming on here and talking to others and reading their posts realised that it isn't and pnd covers a wide range of feelings. I then went to my doc's and she did a questionnaire on me and the results help uncover how bad a depression you have and from there we went on to decide how to go about treating it. Going to the doctors was the best thing I did, I was really nervous about doing it but am so glad I did as by just talking it through helped.

Good luck at docs, let us know how you get on and hold on in there!

Jen x x
  • Options
    I was also the same I felt like everyone else was against me and now when I feel bad having a cuddle with Rhys helps calm me down and bring me out of it x