Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ARRRRRGGGGH!

it *almost* feels better to scream and let it all outimage

i've been on anti-d's for over 6 months and they were really working, i felt sooooo much better even though i still had a few bad days (like everyone i suppose).
BUT all of a sudden i'm back to being very depressed, i can't face going to work- i've been off for a week with no explanation, i'm screaming at the kids, they are constantly shouting and whinging alllllllll day long (ds1 is on half term til monday)
i think it started after i had a BIG argument with o/h and we almost split up but tbh it was kind of irrational and i'm starting to think i nearly kicked him out *because* of the depression iykwim
i just hate feeling this way and i feel stuck! i phone docs on wednesday to see my gp and couldn't get an app. til next wed!! for f*ck's sake!

i'm going to go to work later, i hope coz it makes me feel ill just thinking about it, tbh if i could see my gp i'd have got a sick note! grrrr...

anyway, i'm rambling, hope everyone is feeling better than me xx.

Replies

• Oh hun, try not to worry, it might just be a blip and im sure if teh gp changes your meds you will be fine again. Try not to worry, let me know how you get on next week. x
  • Can't believe you have to wait so long for an appointment! If you feel worse can you not ring and ask to speak to your doctor on the phone, see if you could get a sick note that way?

Thinking of ya!

Jen x x
  • thanx ladies image
    i did go to work and feel better for it, they barely noticed that i'd been off and didn't even ask why!!?
    i might have been able to get a sooner app. if i'd been willing to see a different gp but my gp already knows everything and it's always a long wait for an app. anyway!

i'll let you know how i get on xx.
  • This is exactly how I have been feeling and i DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND IT- YES WHEN TAKING THE MEDS YOU CAN STILL expect to have the odd bad day but I've had 2 weeks or more now of feeling like poo and I wonder how long I can hold it together.

I am seriously thinking of swallowing my pride and going back to doc- I know he will up my dose but what does that compare to making everyone around me miserable.
  • hi kthom, i know what you mean, it seems never ending doesn't it!? i don't think there is anything wrong with upping your meds though, we need to get better before we can start to think about coming off them... however long that may be!
    last night i took 2 tablets instead of one... so 40mg not 20... and i feel sooo much better for it already... i couldn't wait til doc app!
  • well i had my doc's app. yesterday and am now 'officially' on 40mg and starting to feel better already. i'm back into work and have told my manager whats going on too!

kthom how you doing hun?
  • glad to hear you are feeling better and the gp is soing something about it. x
    Kthom, how are you doing hun? x
  • Hi,

thanks for asking both of you- I am feeling a bit better today. I called the doctor and he told me to take two tablets daily for two weeks then go to see him.

I feel really tired today which never helps my mood but I get to lie in on Saturdays so I look forward to that.