Forum home Babies Postnatal depression

binging, pnd, losing weight...

i have been binging on food since i started feeling down which was when sam was about 2/3 months. i have started feeling so ashamed of my weight that i dont wanna eat in front of people. a few family members have made jokes about me and its making me even worse. i dont want to talk to them about it as i find it hard to talk about my feelings *in real life anyway lol*. anyway, for the past week i have managed not to binge and have stuck to my ww points but im not losing any weight. i weigh 12 stone exactly and im 5'4, my pre pregnancy weight was only 8st1lbs so you can see why im upset about my body being so huge. does anyone find it hard 2 get out there and exercise/go for a walk due 2 pnd? exercise videos dont work for me. i dont really know what to do!! i feel so embarassed about myself. ive spoke 2 my oh about it and he just said im being silly and that im not as fat as i think i am. i feel like i stick out like a sore thumb when im outside! x

Replies

• I'm with you both on this... I feel so down about how I look that I won't go out and I avoid all social situations - I've even posponed my los baptism because I can't face standing in front of people. I have also started to binge on a regular basis and I get so embarrased when either my oh or my eldest son (who's 16) notices all the food that is missing. I really want to lose the weight and I wake up in the morning with so many good intentions and then by 9am they are all out of the window! I am now the same weight as I was when I went into labour 6 months ago - so basically I've put on a ton of weight since then. I really think that this is one of the main reasons I'm not getting any better.

Take care - sorry I haven't got any words of encouragement - I just didn't want you to think you were alone in this xx