Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PND test

My 3rd baby was born 8th December 2007, so she's now 4 1/2 mths old and lately i've been feeling totally crap and very emotional and cranky at my other 2 girls who are 5 & 3 years old. I'm also constantly fighting with oh and i have no sex drive at all and we still haven't had our first time after Paige was born (sorry tmi).

I'm also exclusively breastfeeding but trying (unsuccessfully) to put baby onto formula just in case it's just my stupid hormones driving me insane, lol.

I just did PND test on netmums site that someone suggested and got score of 15 which says most likely have some depression.

I will make an appt with GP soon to talk about this but i'm just wondering if i should have had more symptoms of depression before Paige was 3 mths old? and also is medication always used or do they try counselling first?

I do feel a bit stupid asking these questions as this is my 3rd baby and i keep telling myself that i should know what i'm doing by now as both my other kids seem to have turned out ok so far, lol.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on, Shell.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Shell, some mums dont even get PND till their los are a year old. You can get it from 2 weeks on till the child is up to 2 years old. I think your right to go and see your gp, he/she will be fit to sort you out and if you say you dont want meds then im sure they will sort out councelling or something to help you. Dont feel stupid, it dosnt matter wither you have 1 baby or 10 its still hard to come to terms with if you have PND. xxxxx
    PS let me know how you get on with the doctor. x
  • Options
    I agree with Diane- you don't have to feel that just because you didn't have it before that you don't have it this time. To me the very fact that you went and done the pnd test proves that deep down you know someting isn't just right.
    Go and talk to your GP about how you feel and don't try to put on a show with him/her that its all great coz your only fooling yourself, be open about how you feel.