Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone been to a CBT

Hi,

Has anyone ever been to a CBT. I'm going tomorrow and really nervous as i've never had any kind of therapy before. I;m scared she will think i'm just off my trolley and tell me just to pull myself together. I'm so nervous about it

Replies

• Ive never been but good luck for tomarrow and let us know how you get on, im sure you will be fine. x
  • I've never been either but hope it goes ok. Am sure won't think ur off ur trolley but think I'd be nervous too. I get myself worked up just havin to go to the docs lol.
  • Well, i had my appoinment on Thursday. I had a panic attack on the way down, just because i wasnt 100% sure where i was going. The appointment itself was fine and i was given homework lol. I'm hoping this works as i have had a lot to deal with since january and just can't seem to pick my self up.
  • Im glad it went well hun and good luck with the homework! LOL
  • Glad it went well and I hope it works and you start to feel a bit better soon x
  • Hi, I was just wondering how you are going with your CBT? I have an appointment next week for the same thing, do you think it is helping with the PND?
  • Hi

It's being going good, i seem to be making small changes. Although i thought i was doing so well i could come off my meds, not the case. My mood went right back down again. The CBT is working for my panic attacks but not for my mood. I still feel really down but i can go out now on my own with Holly.