Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it possible to have the blues this far on?

My daughter is 8 months old, i had an easy pregnancy and labour there were no blues after. The past few months have been really hard though, i literally feel like im going to pop. My oh doesnt really help with anything, the other day i had to beg him to do dishes. I only work 4hours a day and he works from 7am-3pm. He thinks because i only work part time i should do everything, i get up in the morning, i have to clean the house, dishes, washing then bath the baby and dress her. When i get to me i just cant be bothered so i just look klike a tramp, iim only 21 and have always loved my clothes and dressing up but i just cant be bothered anymore.
I go to work, come home then cook tea and usually clean up again, after this i put the baby to bed and usually go up by 8 as well.
We never talk anymore, all we do is argue. I break down all the time, i get ready to leave, he promises to change but its the same the next day.
I defnietly dont think its pnd, but it feels like the blues, im never excited about anything, i always dread everything.
I dont hate my daughter at all and i love her to abseloute bits, i do though get a bit unpatient with her which makes me feel like crap then. She deserves much better, much more attention. Shes so happy and beautifull, all i can do is whinge and cry.

So i was just wondering if it can be blues this far down the line? Ive heard of pnd quite late on but i dont feel its that serious. x

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Its possible to have the blues or PNd now; you have had so many changes to cope with it may be they are just catching up with you.

Its difficult but maybe finding some me time would give you space with your friends without your OH and help you get a better balance especially as you are working.

Your HV should be able to help you decide whether its PND and needs treatment or not but not all HV are great so this may not help.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon; don't feel guilty about being impatient its normal and your lo will know you love her lots x
  • Options
    i just postedin baby and breastfeeding about simialr feelins and hayden is 5 minths and i have been told i have pnd and my sisters 1st dd was a year before she was diagnose,. Please go to hv or doc as i feel soo much beter for doing so , take care love fiona