Forum home Babies Postnatal depression

What does this mean?

Hi

I have been having alot of problems with bleeding through my pill (sorry tmi) anyway have had internal and swabs taken and have slight thickening of womb wall but not thought to be the cause.
My GP thinks it is hormonal so at last i plucked up the courage and told her that i get very down and have been struggling to pick myself up since lo was born 10 months ago.
I can have really happy days sometimes even a week but then i get really down and have no sex drive (sorry tmi again).
My GP has made an appointment with gyni for another prod around and also wants me to go back to her in 2 weeks and take back a form she has asked me to fill in, the form is all about how you feel and has numbers down the sides next to the answers, i have filled it in as honestly as i can but am now wondering what it is all about, it says about the state of your mind and illness.
Could anyone enlighten me a little and tell me what they are used for and what the numbers mean as i have to wait 2 weeks to speak to gp and am now feeling anxious.

Sorry for warbling on.

Replies

• hey don't worry sweet. They usually give you those forms at your lo's eight month check up. I filled mine in completely honestly, then worried they would come round and pick Eleanor up because I had marked high for getting upset and stressed. O course they didn't because its expected that some of your cheese has slid off your cracker since you gave birth!! Mines completely off I think.
    Anyway I can really sympathise with you. I completely remember feeling that way...minus the bleeding... and probably still do some times. I can't ive you any advice though except get your chin up and enjoy that lil. Are you at work?? If not why not get yourself down to some mother and baby groups....once you're happy and sorted then se drive will be back on..most of the time...but we've always got the trusty headache when needed.
    Good Luck
    xxx
  • sorry to butt in, i'm not sure its the same one but there is a test on netmums for pnd, pretty sure it is the same qns so you could always take that and get some sort of clue as to what results would be in 2weeks. really hope you're able to get on top of things and dr is of help
  • Thanks, they are not the same but are similar so i filled it in and it looks as if i might be needing a bit of help, i have wondered this for some time but have always been good at covering up even to myself.
    Hopefully when i go back to the gp i will be able to begin to get on top of everything.