Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PND

Hello everyone, it's been great reading all your posts & realising that i'm not the only one. I eventually went to the doctors last week (Lucas is now 19 weeks) after my friend made me realise that I do have a problem, he has prescribed Fluoxtine (sp?)
I really hated getting up to him, hated making the bottles, didn't enjoy playing with him, everything I did was a chore, and was only doing it because I had to rather than because I wanted to. I didn't like taking him places on my own, so didn't go to the postnatal groups, baby groups or anything.
I tried to talk to my parents but I don't think they took me seriously my dad just said "pull yourself together" when I was having a 'moment'. When I told them I was on the meds, they seemed to just change the subject.
OH has been fabulous, he takes over as soon as he gets in the door in the evening, only problem is, he goes away for 1 week out of the month to India, I think that's where the problems started when he went away the first time.
Having a few side effects on the meds, but reading your posts it seems these will soon wear off & I will begin to feel the benefits.
Hope you're all feeling Ok today...