Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hate the fact that I can't cope

I was doing really well on my tablets, then I had a week where I didn't take them. At the beginning of the week I felt really good and was really possitive that as I was starting to get better (daft I know as doc said I was prob looking 6 months min and had only been 8 weeks) but then I went really down hill again. Since getting back on my tablets I just feel really fed up and feel as if I'm getting nowhere. I hate feeling like I can't cope without the tablets

The last 2 weeks have been horrible, I've done nothing but row with oh and he's got to the point where he's sick of creeping round me and after every row I just feel worse as it's always me that starts it over nothing. I've just gone back to sitting crying all day. The only time I feel half normal is when i'm playing and doing things with lo.

I'm really ashamed of it but i've also started self harming again. 'i just feel like i can't pick myself out of it

Replies

• aww hun, ** big hugs**
    i think that we just need to concentrate on getting back to being happy, even if we need meds to do it! then once we are there can come off them really slowly so we don't go back down hill iyswim?

what happened with the meds, did you run out? they will start to work again soon and you can get back on track. do you have a nice hv/gp that you can talk to about how your feeling?
    as for the SH can't really advise so will give you another *hug*image

LOL
    Danielle xx.
  • Yeah I ran out of them. I've never met the hv as mine went on maternity leave just as I had Rhys. One of them rang me once and that about it. Same with doc as mine's just retired and not met the new one yet so don't know what he'll be like.

xxx
  • Oh hun, im sorry you feel this way. Have you started back on the meds yet? Dont worry about your OH being tired of the rows, he will get over it as long as you get back on track, as for the SH i would advise you go to see someone, not because i think your bonkers but because you need to talk things through. You obvisually need to have a long talk and maybe a stranger is they way to help. You know im always here if you need me and if you want to talk in private you can e-mail me. xxxxxxx
  • thanks - yeah am back on the meds guess just need to wait for them to kick in again.

Also oh been off sick for couple weeks and went back last week so think that contributing to it too as lost a lot of confidence about being on my own.

Feel a bit better today tho. Dragged myself out on my own to baby cinema as not been for a few weeks and it boosted my confidence a bit that I managed to cope. I knew full well I would but jsut got myself worked up over it and kept giving myself excuses to put it off.

• It is hard but try to take each day as it comes. I know what you mean about getting worked up over going out on ur own, or being on ur own and thinking you won't cope - I suffered with anxiety and panic attacks as well as the PND. As I started feeling a little better each day, I would set a goal, something easy to start with (my 1st was to go over the road a cpl times by myself and actually buy the things we needed lol !!) and it actually helped me to start realising I was getting better coz I could do it and just progressed from there.
  • i dont really have much experience of it all, as im pretty new to feeling like this, but i really feel for you hun.
    xxxxxx much love xxxxxxxx