Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

This is the second time for me

As i said in my title this is the second time i'm suffering from PND the first time was worse than this time then the first time i had a really bad time, i tore really badly was on a catherter for 24hrs then when i got out i found my left leg started to get really painful kept seeing the doctor but they said it was just a pulled muscle, but as it would turn out it was a DVT that also caused a pulmery embolism causing me to be rushed back into hospital and being put on Warfarin for 6 months so feeling so rough i never really properly bonded with Cassie(my eldest) i almost at first was blaming her for me getting ill and i also became suicidal too once i finally admitted to having a problem and put on my anti-depressants i did get better slowly. This time i wasn't ill cos i was put on heparin injections so my tummy and thighs were black and blue you see i have a condition called Factor V Lieden which i'd never heard of or even knew i had, but my mood went down hill at an extremely fast rate but i recognised this time that my depression was back so i did something about and quick this time i'm getting there slowly just try to relax a bit more this time not get so up-tight!

Replies

• I am a mum of three and am now taking anti-depressants for the second time- like yourself I think its not as bad this time because I recognised the signs more quickly.
    You talk abotu it like its a failure tho but its absolutely not. When I had pnd the first time round I was able to blame my unhappy relationship, lack of money ect which in hindsight makes it easier. This time my relationship is now stable and we have a happy home which made pnd much harder to accept.

But its a fact of life and at the end of the day if you have a headache you think nothing of taking two paracaetamol so why should you feel bad about taking anti-depressants to rectify the imbalance of hormones in your brain which causes pnd. I think docs should have a responsibility to educate patients about these pills rather than just handing them out.

I hope you are feeling better soon and please don't beat yourself up about this the most important thing is your familys happiness
  • Hey thanks for that it was nice of ya ta! image
  • Hi hun, what age is you two los? xxx My little girl is 5 months and im finally off the tablets. I have good and bad days though but im much better than i was before. x
  • hi guys image
    welcome missmetallica, sorry you've had such a bad time but i'm glad you finally getting better, i think the best thing for me is having people to talk to in the same situation so it's nice to 'meet' you image
    take care of yourself hun xx.

btw thought i'd add my 1yr olds fav. song is 'fuel' by metallica LOL i've got a little 'metalhead'image
  • Ta for the welcome my two los is Cassie aged 4 nearly 5 and Emily 22 weeks talking is very good threapy this is a good place to do it cos everyone here has been in the same situation i'm getting there my bad days and getting less now but when i'm bad i'm really bad like yesterday i was chucking stuff and slamming doors unfortunately.
    but it's great to be here and 'meet' everyone.
    Take care of yourselves too xx

That is so kick ass! you a bit of a metal fan then? or your partner? my fave song is Master of puppets image
  • hmmm, i'll listen to most stuff, like the foo's and the used.
    my boys are 4 and 14months.
    how long you been on meds for? i've been on citalopram for about 6 months seems to be working but still have bad times too image