Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i have nothing left, i have no home, i dont belong anywhere. my oh is manipulative and controlling and does nt care about me or lo. he took my bank card and took all my money out to buy a laptop. there is nothing i can do. im trapped here. i am trapped in HIS home, with his family. the house is dirty and smelly. my lo cant play anywhere. i have no one to talk to, no way of making this better. no where i can stay, no hope. i have little faith left in life anymore. i cant go on this way. i cant take another day here, stuck in this house. no transport. in the middle of nowhere. im sorry for making a weird post...i just cant take anymore

Replies

• Honey please don't let it take over you.
    Call your GP or HV and ask for help, they can help you with everything, from regaining control to moving out (if that is what you want).
    You sound so low and I know it can be hard to see the light when you feel like this but please you have a gorgeous son who needs you, you belong with him!
    If you need to chat please feel free, you always have people to chat to on here.
    Do you have any family you could move in with for a while?
    There is always a way out it is just a matter of being able to find the right way for you, take a step back and start by deciding what you want and then work out how to go about getting it.
    Sending you big hugs and hoping you are feeling a little bettter.
  • you need to get out if thats how you feel and go to nearest safe place....if that be police, doctors, hospital etc.... you CAN get out of this. You just need to put your next foot forward and keep walking. One step at a time!
    No one should feel like this.
    Without knowing you and your situation it is hard to comment too much. You need to get rehoused in temp shelter if you have no where else to go. However, you need help! Can you get to a hospital and go to A and E and tell you feel suicidal etc.... take baby with you and get the care you so need.

Good Luck

d xx
  • There are places to go. If you feel this low you should get out. If you dont know where else to go get to your Drs, they will help.
    you arent alone, ask for help.
    I hope this gets sorted for you soon.
  • Go to the doctors - get letters about your state of mind! Then get to the Housing Department with your lettters and tell them how it is all affecting you. They will probably put you in a hostel who will then get everything sorted out for you. You need support, they will point you in all the right directions from getting help from Homestart, finacial matters and housing.

You have to do this for your mental health and for the future of your little one. You have more to live for than you realise and with the right guidance/help can make a wonderful life for yourself and your little one! You do not have to live life being manipulated and trapped.

Sam is absolutely gorgeous - do this for the pair of you, please!

If you want to email me then do so! DO NOT go through this alone - you need to talk and you need help!
  • sorry to butt in, but i agree with the others, absolutely you need to get help and get out now. without knowing much about the situation, i cant comment too much, but see your doc or health visitor, dont be scared, just tell someone and that will get the ball rolling, with new housing or whatever you need.your son is gorgeous and you need to do it for him, he needs you x
  • thanks for everyones replies.
    I am going to try and arrange a home visit from the doctor sometime this week. My mind has gone and I am not really wanting to leave the house anymore, I need to get myself sorted, for Sam if nothing else. I just need a push in the right direction and im pretty alone just now. Will update after I contact the doctors, which will hopefully be tomorrow. if anyone wants to add me to msn I could do with some support just now.. my addy is emilieroseburt@gmail.com

emilie xx
  • Emilie hun, i have new msn addy. I just added you to mine - amanda.spraggs@hotmail.com
  • my mum is going to drive through here tomorrow and take me to the doctors to hand in my registration forms and then to make an appointment, she said she can take me to the appointment as well. i am really pleased, she lives 20 miles away so its really good of her.

woke up today feeling really low. im still in my jammies. dont feel like im going to survive the day :\(
  • i also ordered an application form for a council house. they said because i am homeless i will be a priority but they couldnt tell me how long it would take
  • Hi Emilie that sounds promising about the house if you can get the doctor to write a letter to the council you will probably get a house much quicker i hope you feel better soon take care Lin
  • i was thinking about doing something like that. anything to help me get on my feet. loving ur pic linda btw xx
  • my health visitor just phoned me, she wants me to go to a young mums group they have here. i really dont want to go but the nursary nurse who runs it has offered to pick me up and take me home. i really just want to be left alone to get on with it, but i dont, if that makes sense. the thought of being in that sort of social situation with happy mums and their oh so perfect lives makes me angry and panicky. i dont think any of them would wanna be friends with me, im miserable and boring. i dont see the point anymore. i dont want to be in a car with someone i dont know, i would have to put on an act and i dont have the energy for it

blah. sorry, stupid post x
  • Hi hon!

Am glad to see you are back on here - got a bit worried when you didnt come on for a while after your posting!

Good to hear that about the progress!! I would say that if the council put you in a hostel then grab it! Its not ideal and its not perfect but I was in one the christmas before last for 3 months with my 6 year old! It was hard but it was a damn sight better than the hellhole I was living in that caused me to have a breakdown! It sounds like you are in pretty much the same situation and I hope you too can end up with a better life!

You will get soooo much help from them about all the different help you can get!

I would say to you that it would be great for you to go to the young mums group - it might not be all "happy happy" and you might give as much support as you get and make some great friends there! It would make things soo much better for you having some people you can really talk to!

Keep your chin up!!!
  • You have taken the first steps to get your life back on track and they are huge steps to take so well done.
    Stay brave keep going with the plans you have made and try to go to the mums group it is suprising how many of us mums are struggling and I find the group I go to very supportive and helpfull.

Keep taking the positive steps and soon things will improve and then you can just enjoy your beautiful boy.
  • Hi
    How are things going?
    I just saw that you updated your profile info on the 2nd, and says you have a lovely house and feel very lucky at the minute.... have you sorted things out with your partner and got a house??? I do hope so.. this would help you to start feeling better, and getting out again.
    Hope ur well
    caz x