Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it too soon

hi everyone, i gave birth to my beautiful daughter 11days ago. She is adorable and i love her very much buti feel really low, Im very emotional and feel that nothing i do is good enough for her or my other 3 kids. I had pnd before with both of my other kids (the 3rd is a step child). with the 1st it was a long time before i was diagnosed, but with the second it was about 4weeks i think. the feelings i have are the same now but not sure if it is just baby blues. I feel like a failure, i had a section so am not as mobile as i could be, Im paranoid bouut OH cheating on me (his best friend is a girl) and i feel unloved and like my kids deserve better. the house is so unorganised and i dont have energy to do anything about it. im too tired to do anything with them and am ratty and short tempered with tem. could it be pnd or is it too early for that. wuld love some advise please

Replies

• Oh hunny you sound like you're having a really tough time. I don't think its too soon for pnd i think you can get it any time really, and thats what it sounds like. You're not a failure. You have 4 wonderful children, how can that ever be a failure?

Don't know if I can offer much advise just tell you what happened to me.
    I felt exactly the same as you, except Max is my 1st. I also had a c section and you're right, its so horrible not being able to move so much. I remember when max was tiny, the flat was a complete mess, oh was using his paternity leave as a "holiday" or excuse to go out and get drunk, and every day relatives were coming round to visit. I felt like telling them to go away sometimes! Don't worry too much about housework. You have an 11 day old baby! no one can expect you to have a tidy house. I didn't leave my dressing gown for about 3 weeks after the birth.
    Just remember the only thing your baby wants from you is milk, warmth, and most of all just to be with you. I know its really hard when you simply have no energy and just want to cry all day, but i think you'd really benefit from taking LO out for a walk in the park or just around town. It helps just to get away from the house for a while and get some fresh air.

When you had pnd before did you take anything for it? maybe you should go to gp now and talk to her about it. i feel like i missed the first few weeks with max because i wasn't "with" him. i was really unhappy and didn't enjoy having a baby at all. If you decide to go, let us know what happened :\)

Hope you feel better soon, sweetie
    **** big hugs **** xxxxxxx