Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

post natal depression

Afternoon everyone. I have just joined up so bear with me. My daughter is now 15 months and living with pnd seems to be getting harder instead of better. My medication has just been changed and this week has been a living hell. Has anyone out there had pnd this long and is it ever going to go away. xo:\?

Replies

• Options
    I was on medication for depression after the birth of my dd for 2 1/2 years so I would say I know quite a lot about pnd. I came off my meds and then when I had my third child took pnd again so I am back on my meds.

As I am pregnant again my gp told me to come of them and I tried but just knew I wasn't ready- my baby is only 6 mths so haven't been on them that long this time.

When I tried to come off them I was REALLY moody and demotivated and I gave in and went back on them two days ago. I have found that my mood is taking some time to lift but am posative it will.

The fact that your medication has just been changed can affect you in such a way like you were right at the start so give it a week or two and if you still feel low speak to your gp again.
    Has your dose been reduced???
    Why did the gp change your meds after so long??
  • Options
    No my dose was upped. I have been tried on different medication as nothing seems to work so this is me on a new one again. May I add my GP has been my rock. I am to start counselling next week don't know whether that will help or not. I am so surprised that there are not support groups out there for mums with PND I know I would love to chat with people who were in the same boat as me. So is this your third or fourth baby? I would honestly say I would never go again. My partner and I have had it so rough. He might as well not exist. xoxo:\?