Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do i have PND or is it just my hormones..?

Hi all,
Not really sure where to start so hear goes....
My baby girl was born in august 2007, she is a much loved baby and i simply adore her but i'm not feeling myself... within approx a month of her being born i began to feel anxious about leaving the house... i panic that people are looking at me, and i worry constantly about things. I cany bare to leave her with anyone apart from oh as i think they wont look after properly. I have left her a few times but only ever for a couple of hours, and even then i ring to check she's ok. 'm really worried i may have PND, but not sure as i'm 5 1/2 months pregnant with no 2. We found out we were having another just before xmas and if i'm completely honest i was heartbroken... i'm happy about the pregnancy now, and we've just found out we are having a little boy, so thats lovely.I just feel so down all the time, most days i dont leave the house unless i have to (which i kno is not fair on my lo) i cry at the drop of a hat and i'm horrible to my oh. I'm scared that i do have PND, and how am i going to cope with 2 babies? I darent tell anyone i feel this way (i've told h i feel down but he says its just my hormones) both our families are made up of supermums and i dont want to be a faliure.
Honestly ladies what do you think, PND?

Replies

• It sounds like a big possibility but im not a doctor. You shouldnt worry about your familys being made up of supermums, perhaps they hide things too to keep up the sharade. Go to you gp, it must be very hard on you with a small baby and being pregnant again, you need help, i would talk to your OH and tell him its not hormones and he has to listen to you and not dismiss your feelings as you feel miserable. xxxxxx
  • hi hun, i really think you should speak to your gp/hv about how you are feeling, it may not be pnd, but you are feeling down and they will be able to give you the appropriate advice to help you in feeling better again. don't be worried, they won't judge you, that's what they are there for. as for your family being 'supermums' they don't exist, everyone has their own problems and i'm sure they don't see themselves that way either. depression is an illness, it's not your fault and nothing to be embarrassed by.
    i think it's important to get the help you need before your l/o arrives and you've got 2 babies to look after...
    **bug hugs** take care of yourself xx.