Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it PNS

Sorry it's meant to say pnd on the title

Hi all I have 4 children my youngest being just 6.5 weeks old, the reason I am writing is because I'm concerned that I'm still feeling very low, I feel worthless, tearful and today I felt like walking out the house and not coming back and when I did go out I imagined myself driving into a wall because my family would be so much better without me, I have been an utter bitch to my husband and snap so bad at my 3 eldest and it sounds bad but feel like I could really hurt them sometimes, I just want someone to talk to who knows what I feel like. Please help or talk to me

Replies

• Options
    hi sound like it could be, has your health visitor got you to answer the pnd questionaire, mine didn't until i almost broke, thought about crash my car and walking away many times, i came through it with medication and the support of my family. please seek help dont just try and work thru it your self. x
  • Options
    No haven't filled anything in cos no one really knows how I feel if people ask I just reply I'm fine and shrug them off.
  • Options
    you sound much like i was after my son was born, thinking you should be able to cope, even when i went to the gp and told them how i was feeling they said i was just low, then one day i went in and just burst into tears, told them everything was in there for over an hour, and they listened, after that i felt like i could talk to people that i wasnt weak or failing, i was just needing a bit more help.
  • Options
    you sound like i was on my 1st couldnt cope and didnt admit i had it till my little girl was 18months i went on tablets and was finally better wen she was about 3 she 4 and half now and ive recently had a baby boy and dont feel like i did and her which is a huge relief.

so please go to your gp and dont leave it too long

take care