Forum home Babies Postnatal depression

what do you think guys??

i gave up breastfeeding 3 weeks ago and bit confused to how im feeling. i think it might just be the hormones of giving up breast feeding but the feelings are getting worse.

i was tired all the time when i was breastfeeding but i dont even want to get up mornings now and i will go bed in the afternoon for nap. i dont really look after my daughter as much as i did when i was breastfeeding i cant be bothered, i know that sounds really bad but i know im a good mum. see even writing this gets me upset. since i have gave up breastfeeding my daughter wants her dad more and i feel a bound as been broken. so i dont know know if this is just feelings of letting her go and hormones. i suffered bad baby blues when i had her and have panic attacks over dying all the time and i cant shift them. i feel as tho i have turned into a hypocondract how ever you spell it lol. i dont really go out but joined baby massage and this morning i didnt even want to get up and go but i did then enjoyed it. i just think thats its all strange as its all come on worse since i gave up breastfeeding so its hard to dignose myself when so much is going on in my body. i would just like so of your opinions. i did go doctors a few weeks back and she said my mood was fine and just brushed me off as thats what comes with being a new mum so maybe i have also just told myself these things are normal beacuse thats what she said

thanks guys xx

Replies

• HI hun how you feeling now? I would say if the feelings are continuing it would beworth a chat with your HV or GP (but perhaps a different one than before). Giving up BF was one of many factors that contributed to my PND although I gave up very early on, I felt guilty for giving up - could that maybe be part of why you're feeling down? When I finally admitted to myself I had PND I made sure I started taking my daughter to activities like Baby Sensory & Toddler groups, even meeting up with my antenatal girls helped. Stick witht he Baby Massage - I know what you mean about not wanting to go I had that feeling many a time but like you would enjoy it once I was there.