Forum home Babies Postnatal depression

DO I HAVE PRE-NATAL DEPRESSION?

I am constantly down and always feeling really low, I am really not enjoying my pregnancy in which I feel awful about as this is my first baby, but I am constantly stressing over money, in-laws, relationship, lack of support etc... I just can't seem to shift this mood no matter what I do, and feel like I am unable to bond with my baby. I constantly feel as though the baby and my husband to be would be better off without me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that someone else felt this way? In their first pregnancy and that I am not alone? And that things will get better for me?

I am constantly crying, xx

Replies

• Ive felt so emotional and im only 15 wks with my first. I feel terrible as i had a miscarriage first and i think the worrying has made me a wreck. Hormones are all responsible for the ups and downs. Try to relax hun, and remember how much bubba will be loved when he or she arrives.  I bought an angelsounds doppler so i can listen to my little ones heartbeat and hear him or her moving about. Such an amazing thing. Mine was only 17 quid from ebay. Guaranteed to melt your heart xxxx

• I have had 3 previous miscarriages, and I also have PCOS. And have been told I have a high risk of miscarriage. I would love one of those but can't afford one. xx

• The worry causes additional stress doesnt it? Have you got a scan pic to constantly remind you of wat a fab job youre doing?xx

• I tried adding you to fb after our last chat. Thid is my second pregnancy and ive been very emotional. The mw was very concerned and thought I had pre natal depression x

• Ahhh I never got a friends request hun or I would have accepted. Yeah I have a scan picture I have put a post up already I think. xxxx

• I searched for u but couldnt find you and the link you sent didnt work. I know how you are feeling, its awful but it does end x

• michaela u are not alone x i had my son 5 years ago i was only 18 whrn i fell pregnant  blmy bf wanted me to abort madr ne go to the clinic etci obv stoped it all tho and went on to have him but the presure he put on mr made me so down,hisfamily didnt suport us at all however minr were great but thro the oregnancy till i was about 5-6months i felt like u x worried constant and my then partner was never therei wasa single oarent even tho we were together my mw thot i had pre natal depression but once thebumo grew bigger and i felt all the movements everything else seemed so truvial n i actualy enjoyed being on my own with just me and my bump x hopefully u start to feel a bit better but id u want a chat justmesg me xx

• Thank you, I have been crying since 7.15 this morning. xxx

Soo excited I am la-belle Michaela. xxx

• Have u spoken to your mw? x

• No as I don't know who to ring as my MW is never in the office. xx

• When do you next see her? I had no intention of going to say how I was feeling and she asked how I was I just blurted out that I wasnt myself. Ive seen her thru my furstbpregnancy and she knew it wasnt me. I was surprised how worried she was. Your county durham arent you? They will refer you to talking changes possibly for support x

• Yeah I am County Durham hun. I don't see my MW until 31st July. xx

• Keep trying your mw, is there not a reception desk and they can get a message to herbor another mw to ring u

• I'm not sure tbh, they haven't really explained much to me. xx

• its definately not a nice feeling x i hope u have lots of support at home? hows ur other half? how far along are you?x 

really hope yu feel better soon x is there anything inperticular thats making you feel down or upset?x

• I don't live near my parents I live about an hour away on the bus, where as I live around the corner from my in-laws to be and they're not exactly supportive. image My other half and I are arguing a lot lately and I am only 13 weeks +6 days. 

Lack of money, not working.. Etc.. xx

• awk hun thats rubbish x do u have any close driends tou can speak to?xi can relate to the argune ts its a big ajustment for both of you, i think tempers flare mire when trying to deal with it individually lkke me and my then bf did .. it was a mess x does he know how ur feeling?x 

i definatelt had pre natal depression and post natal x my bf was 100% the vause for this even tjho i wouldnt admit it at the time x he didnt suport me, undersramd how i felt or was goinf through, thot i was just being a moody bitch and he just went out with pals and left me to get on with it x as much as pregnancys an amazing thing i felt it was the lonliest time of my life x i was surrounded by people yet felt so alone and iscolated because at the end if the day it wasnt them goj f theugh it it was me on mt own x its just a matter of figuring out yourself and taking things easy and dont suround yourseld with people who make u feel worse x its not food for u or the baby a try still do things u enjoy rhtl help u feel still yourself xx