Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else think this?

I was diagnosed with PND 3 years ago after having my son.

An i feel like this illness isnt talked about enough! I thought there wasnt enough support only counselling and antidepressants which can work for some people but with PND u feel like your the only one who ever feels this way an your not!. There should be more support groups you can go to where you arent going to feel judged an crappy because everyone in that group are feeling the same as you are!. 

I just thought the pre natal classes were too rainbows and glittery for me we need to know the facts wether its horrible or nice facts because going through it having no information an feeling on your own and going as low as i did  (i tried to take an over dose) is far bloody scarier than being told about it beforehand! 

i could rant abotu this all day because it really annoys me! Anyone else feel the same?

P.S im 6-8 weeks with my second child and im terrified of going like this again but this time i will have the support i need an i will know what im looking out for! xx

Replies