Forum home Babies Postnatal depression

PND help

I have got a 4 week old baby and I am living with the babys dad. I am over tired as my partner keeps saying, I am all emotional, fine one minute, crying the next then changing to laughter. More less every time baby cries, I cry. He seems to get over tired and struggles to sleep when we try to put him down after a bottle. We are feeding on demand. Does normal mothers feel like I do? I feel like I cant talk to anyone as I don't want people to think im a bad mother!! image feel like I can't talk to my partner either image please can someone give some advice.

Replies

• awww hun ur not a bad mum. Having a baby is an emotional life changing event and incredibly challenging and exhausting. It's amazing what sleep deprivation can do to you. I would however definitely speak to your gp to rule out pnd, they may be able to give u something to help. They won't think ur a bad mum it's a taboo subject and far too many mums suffer because they feel too ashamed to admit the way they're feeling but u should never feel like that, noones gonna judge u on here chick so feel free to vent! But I would get booked in with ur doctor to talk about it hun xx good luck xx

• Thank you for the advice hun, will book an appointment with my GP on Monday! I feel like I want to admit defeat during the nights, but I love my son way to much. I feel bad for almost admitting defeat, image its comforting to know im not the only one xx
  • We've all been there babe, doesn't mean u love him any less n doesn't make u a bad person. Lack of sleep can really mess with ur head x