Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8.5 weeks post-partum

Hey ladies. I'm really hoping for some advice. I just didn't know what topic to put this under.

I had my gorgeous little boy 8 and half weeks ago. The labour was fantastic, all textbook but after I had a retained placenta. It took over two hours for them to transfer me to Halifax hospital and get me into theatre, I haemorrhaged and had blood transfusions etc. Anyway, now I am suffering still with severe abdominal pain, lower groin pain, pressure (massive birth like pressure) everytime I pass urine. I am bleeding heavily and passing blood clots (so much like the bloody show) I have really loose bowel movements and have had for 7 weeks. I have just been discharged again from hospital as nothing has shown up in my bloods or on my scan. They've given me two different antibiotics for two weeks to take. Even after I've had three antibiotic courses since the birth. And a pill to stop the bleeding. I'm petrified as antibiotics knock me out even on a small dose and a short course so God knows how out of it I'm going to be on these. I've just been put on anti depressants too for PND. This I feel is all down to what I'm suffering as it's having an effect on how much I can do with my baby. It still hurts to pick him up and have him wriggling on my belly. I know if the pains go my mood will instantly pick up! The docs seem to just be telling me it's normal. 

Anybody suffered the same? Is this normal? I'm scared they've missed something or like this feeling will never end.

Replies

• Could you get s second opinion? 

im sorry I can't give you more advice than that as I haven't given birth myself yet 

• Hi TerriW, congratulations on your baby but we're so sorry you're having such a tough time of it. We thought you might find some good support in the March 2015 Babies thread - it's for anyone who had their baby then, and the women thre are genuinely so lovely.

We really hope things improve for you soon, and maybe drive your GP mad until you can be assessed again?