Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Postpartum muscles/Joints Pain

Dear Ladies, I had severe preeclampsia due to high blood presure. Baby girl was born in 33 weeks by emergency c-section. I have spend 7 weeks in hospital due to preeclampsia. I was most of the time in ICU. Not very happy moments out there but… doctors were fighting for my life and managed to save me and the baby. I was out of the hospital on 4 diffrent blood pressure medication. But since than I thought will only get better with time. Unfortunatelly I developed some strange muscle pain in calves than spread to my arms and now in my buttocks too. They are so painfull- but i have full mobility I can do everything just this contain pain. I went to see so many doctors, had MRI on the neck and lumbar part, everything seems to be more than less fine, at least shouldn't cause such a symptomps. Blood test are fine. RF negative. I stopped breastfeeding about 3 months ago. My blood pressure is now controlled by 2 medication and i am on levothyroxine 50. Thyroid levels in norm. Anybody please?

Replies

• Hi so sorry to hear about your ordeal! I'm so happy your out and everything is in the past for you! What a story! Just a suggestion but have you had your vitami levels checked? I suffer from fibromyalgia with constant joint and muscle pain but if all started with low vitamin b12! I had MRI on neck and back and feet but nothin until my bloods were taken. It was too late for me I ended up low since I had my boy I wasn't tested for over 3 years so my pain is constant and permanent now x

• Hey lovely. I had nothing compared to your pain, I feel for you and wish you the best! All I can suggest is making sure you get lots of healthy food in you. Especially oily fish- like salmon twice a week. Glucosamine tablets are known to help joint pain- my mum swears by them.

Do gentle gentle walking and stretching-or even some post natal yoga. You can find good yoga workouts on YouTube that are quick enough to fit in to a busy mumma schedule. I know it's not much but I hope it helps a little! Take care of yourself xox 

• image  i whent her on my holday

•  it was rilly fun