Forum home Babies Postnatal depression

Anyone else feeling this way

I had a baby 3 weeks and a day ago I had a really trumtic birth and was really unwell for a long time after but resently I been struggling emotionally and feeling alot of guilt and worry to much about my little girl to the extent I can't sleep from watching her to make sure she is breathing I also noticed lately that I getting really frustrated when baby is screaming I have done thing I am not proud of like stuck the dummy in her mouth to hard and I shoggled her a bit to hard and have shouted at her and I am finding it hard to tell people what I am feeling as I am scared they will take her away from me I love my little girl so much I really do and don't want to hurt her please tell me I am not the only one 

Replies

• Hey lovely I just want you to know I have felt everything you have mentioned here. My baby is now 6 weeks old and feeling much much better. To start with was such a shock and all the crying does really get to you. I think just knowing you have people to reach out to and speaking about it really helps. My mum has been supporting me and I’m staying at hers this week to feel a bit better and get some rest. It’s overwhelming on your own. I’m not a doc so I can’t advise anything but I just wanted you to know I’ve experienced everything you have including staring at her overnight as I was so worried she would stop breathing etc / about the blankets. Don’t worry. It will be okay!! Talk to your partner if you have one or midwife / health visitor they can support you too 
    hope this helps x